Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20749 Discussions

Battlefield 4 glitching, stuttering and freezing

CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

I have recently purchased this HP pavilion 15 dwxxx laptop solely for the purpose of having the chance to play some games on it. At once as I was playing the game at lowest graphical settings, stuttering and freezing happens constantly.

I was informed that the integrated graphics card held within would not have issues playing games like these. I have installed all the latest drivers, particularly "Intel Arc iris xe driver update WQGL windows.

Please I hope I can be helped. I am not a tech wiz, but simple navigation i can do.

Below is the footage that proves my point

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CHAMELEON,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having stuttering issues with your Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics, I will be happy to help you.  

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions: 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

1) "Was it working before?" Awnser: No from the beginning it was not working, yes I installed the latest driver software and no this Laptop doesn't have 3rd party drivers only intel

2) "Where did you download the game from" Awnser: EA app ( Battlefield is licenced to EA and EA made an app to specifically play it)

3) I added the report below, hope we can fix this, because having a somewhat expensive device that fails in basic things as playing games is a let down to say the least...

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

Maybe you want it like this

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello CHAMELEON,

Thank you for your response, all the information provided has been really helpful.

Please follow the steps below and let me know the results:

For guidance, you can contact them.

Let me know the results.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

Ok I updated the driver to... a number that is less than the other one... the other one was intel driver version 4. something, or is this irrelevant?

and what is this BIOS?

edit: I installed all the latest updates from HP as you suggested, but now intel wants me to update the intel driver to the latest available, should I?

I want a officials response from intel

This app from HP: intel dynamic tuning driver doesnt want to install

and this app aswell: Intel serial IO driver

I attached the two videos showing this looks like it installs but then nothing happens, does it need the latest driver update from intel?

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

CHAMELEON, Thank you very much for providing that information and for sharing the videos.

For this scenario, it is important to mention that when it comes to games, first, we recommend to verify the game requirements with the game's developers or by checking their website to make sure your system complies with them. Keep in mind that the performance of the game will depend on the game specifications and your whole hardware configuration. Games are usually GPU intensive, so you may require a dedicated graphics card compatible with your system when using a desktop computer.

Based on the information shown in the SSU document, the graphics driver version currently installed on your computer is 31.0.101.4335 which is the BETA version provided by Intel®:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/729157/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-beta-windows.html?wapkw=xe%20graphics

In reference to your question about Intel® wanted you to update the Intel® driver to the latest available do not use any application to install the driver and disregard any possible message the tool might show. Test the driver and if the issue gets fixed ten that is the proper driver for your system. The reason for this is that Intel® graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might not work as expected with your specific device. For that reason, it is always recommended to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

Did the problem of Battlefield 4 glitching, stuttering, and freezing got fixed after installing Intel® driver version 30.0.101.2079?

If the issue remains after that, then try a manual clean installation again, but this time, of our graphics driver version 30.0.101.2111 following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19350/intel-graphics-dch-driver-for-windows-10-and-windows-11-for-6th-through-10th-generation-intel-nuc-products-except-nuc6i7kyk-and-most-intel-element-intel-nuc-products.html?wapkw=xe%2520graphics

And if the problem persists then please try a manual clean installation of Intel® graphics driver version 30.0.101.4314:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-whql-windows.html?wapkw=xe%2520graphics

Please get in contact directly with HP support if you have any questions about their applications and also to confirm if the latest BIOS version is currently installed in your device or if necessary to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

But I did make sure and yes according to this analytical site I very much can play both battlefield 4 and steel division 2 ( another game I have) I will provide the video, but in the meantime here is the link:

https://sysrqmts.com/games/battlefield-4

https://sysrqmts.com/games/steel-division-2

No the graphics driver is this, screenshot below

Ok I shall try to intall driver version 30.0.101.2111

Already had this driver version, nothing changed 30.0.101.4314

Another intel agent sent me to hp's site to get the latest drives, so I do have the latest BIOS, where can I check my BIOS version?

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

CHAMELEON, Thank you very much for letting us know those details and providing the videos.

Yes, go ahead and take your time to test Intel® driver version 30.0.101.2111 and once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

In reference to the BIOS version, according to the SSU report, the BIOS version currently installed in your computer is: "Insyde F.53 , 10/15/2021 12:00 am". The next thing to do will be to check directly with HP so they can confirm if that is the latest one, they handle all the support regarding the BIOS on your machine:

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I
I will first try installing the latest driver from hp
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

CHAMELEON, Thank you very much for your response.

Perfect, take your time, once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello CHAMELEON, I just wanted to check if you were able to test the driver from HP and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello CHAMELEON, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos