Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Beta Intel® Iris™ and HD Graphics Beta Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 for TITANFALL* and Thief*

ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee
UPDATE: The beta program for this driver is now closed. Please find the released drivers at the following links:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23713 Windows 32-bit

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714 Windows 64-bit

Discussion on this driver should be directed on this thread: /thread/49681 https://communities.intel.com/thread/49681

Thanks all who participated in the beta driver program. Your feedback was very much appreciated.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23644 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23644

165 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ suyash691,, I cant say exactly when a fully validated version of the driver will be released but it will happen. Please be patient.

Robert

0 Kudos
SSalu1
Novice
0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ suyashi691,, just out of curiosity, once the system boots and goes blank, take into a dark room and see if the desktop is visible at all.

0 Kudos
SSalu1
Novice

tried it .. see the display is like as if the laptop isn't even turned on ..

0 Kudos
PRoge2
Beginner

If i plug an external monitor into my laptop it would work but it wouldn't even DETECT the built in one. I had to do a system restore.

0 Kudos
MMISS34
Novice

Last night i installed the beta driver -15.33.0.3464- on my HP Probook 6470b (comes with a Intel HD 4000 gfx) with Windows 8 Pro x64. After installing the beta driver, it suffered a black screen. I had to boot in safe mode and uninstall the driver.

I installed the beta driver manually through compmgmt. After uninstall, reboot and installing the latest stable 15.33.14.64.3412, it was all fine again.

Note also in Thief, with the latest stable driver 15.33.14.64.3412, the graphics on my HD 4000 suffer blurry textures (even when close to something, like a wall or a painting in the game) and also sometimes even black textures on surfaces. So i hope the new driver can solve these issues.

I've read on several fora that the blurry textures issue can be related to texture streaming of the Thief UT engine. Although, in Bioshock Infinite, i don't suffer from these issues (The 3d engine behind Bioshock Infinite & Thief is basically the same). I already tried different in-game settings like low textures or high textures settings, but it all doesn't make any difference. I can run Bioshock with med to high texture settings, so i suppose it should be possible with the new Thief.

0 Kudos
JHan18
Beginner

I am thinking about buying Titanfall and I would probably need to download this driver... ive never done this before and im worried that my laptop will not function or crash or have to restore or something. I have Toshiba Windows 8.1 64-bit Intel Pentium Dual Core @ 2.40 Ghz, Intel HD Graphics, 6gb Ram, 5.99 usuable...im not sure what other info to put but would I be able to update and have no problems?

0 Kudos
MMISS34
Novice

If i where you, i would wait to install the new driver until the stable release. Unless you want to use for testing of course.

(I don't known if Intel compiles beta drivers in debug mode or release/production for performance testing. Most beta's are compiled against less aggressive compiler optimization routines).

0 Kudos
JHan18
Beginner

Yeah I guess I'll just wait till people try out the same and think about what I should do from there...

0 Kudos
SSalu1
Novice

i wouldn't recommend it on laptop cuz on my laptop after this driver it fails to recognize inbuilt laptop display... and i have to end up restoring so if u wanna try take a leap of faith

0 Kudos
JHan18
Beginner

Maybe there will be a successful version for laptops in the future?

0 Kudos
rspir
Novice

I have the same blank display issue on my acer travelmate b113 (celeron 1017 ivy bridge hd graphics). when I connected external monitor it worked, but inbuilt display wasn't even detected in device manager.

0 Kudos
TGame1
Beginner

I was getting some crazy glitching when attempting to play the Titanfall Beta on my Intel HD Graphics 4600 system, check it out:

Happy to see that driver updates are addressing these sorts of issues, thank you!

0 Kudos
PRoge2
Beginner

Do NOT install the drivers without first setting a system restore as many people with laptops are reporting their laptops monitors turning off when installing these beta drivers.

0 Kudos
JHan18
Beginner

How do you create a system restore? Is it a System Restore Point or backing up files on a Disk..

0 Kudos
PRoge2
Beginner

Go to your control panel>recovery>configure system restore>create restore point

If you're on a laptop that has a partition it should automatically save there. If not choose somewhere on your main hdd to do it. Should not take more than a few gigs. If after installing the beta drivers and your laptop monitor no longer turns on, plug your laptop into an external monitor and then from there do a system restore back to the point that you just created.

0 Kudos
JHan18
Beginner

Oh thanks, if I do a system restore does that mean only some of my files will be restored, like Documents, Pictures, etc? And my antivirus and stuff ?? Or is system restore like a refix the computer to it was before i installed the beta driver? ...or i can just wait till a perfect build is out and download that?

0 Kudos
PRoge2
Beginner

The system restore is like a save point for your computer, all of your files will be saved at that exact point in time. When you restore back everything will be as it was the moment you saved to a system restore point.

0 Kudos
VTran8
Novice

Hello, would you mind make a beta driver like this for 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000?

AWarr2
Beginner

Please support HD 3000.

I have 126 games on steam and can play them all without any issues. CoD Ghosts and TitanFall are the only two that I can not play.

Is their a way to "preload" the GPU so that TitanFall will see a larger amount of RAM?

Is their a CFG to edit so it can start up?

0 Kudos
CCoop2
Beginner

The installer says I don't meet system requirements.

From DxDiag:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 3/10/2014, 18:22:36

Machine name: THINKPAD-THINK

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.130318-1532)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: LENOVO

System Model: 2985F4U

BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBLx

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU L 620 @ 2.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 7988MB RAM

Page File: 2825MB used, 13147MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i7)

DAC type: Internal

0 Kudos