Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Beta Intel® Iris™ and HD Graphics Beta Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 for TITANFALL* and Thief*

ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee
UPDATE: The beta program for this driver is now closed. Please find the released drivers at the following links:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23713 Windows 32-bit

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714 Windows 64-bit

Discussion on this driver should be directed on this thread: /thread/49681 https://communities.intel.com/thread/49681

Thanks all who participated in the beta driver program. Your feedback was very much appreciated.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23644 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23644

165 Replies
RVand51
Novice

This "black screen" does it only happen when attempting to play the game or does the screen go black straight from the start up boot requiring you to use a second monitor anytime you need your labtop until a stable version is released? Some may not find testing this driver an ideal solution if it renders their labtop usesless without a second monitor/hdmi source being used.

0 Kudos
mmend12
Beginner

for me this black screen happens when installing and running beta drive. once reboot, my laptops screen will not turn on. i can use my tv as a screen but the laptop screen turns off and stays off until i restart pc, at that point the screen shows the please wait or starting up screen (beginning screen when turning on pc), then turns black after that.

0 Kudos
TUppe
Novice

@robson That's why we're posting here. The beta driver basically renders our laptop useless.

RVand51
Novice

besides black screen, does Titanfall play flawlessly? Can you provide any info on FPS with this beta driver?
0 Kudos
TUppe
Novice

@robson Yeah, it worked great for me on an external monitor.

0 Kudos
MHans12
Beginner

Hi guys! I have been playing titanfall on my HD 4600 for a few days now (there might have been a leaked .exe that allowed you to play early .... sorry!)

System Build Information

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Stiehl/saved/41uL Intel Core i7-4770K, Fractal Design Define R4 (Arctic White) - Terminator 10^100 - Stiehl&# 39;s Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

Driver Version

Pros - The current drivers DO fix some issues with the text being unreadable in the menus. On my system, Titanfall can run on High Settings @ about 25~ fps. If i set the AA to 2xMSAA and the textures to Medium it runs smoothly between 35~50FPS with vsync OFF.

Cons - Titanfall CRASHES about once every other match or so. My SSD allows me to load up the game very quickly and rejoin a game in progress so i don't miss much. It would be nice to be able to have a crash free environment. I have been running STOCK frequencies and the overclocked (2400Mz) memory so everything else should be stable.

Other Thoughts - If you want , I can generate some logs or something to give you some more information about why the crashes are occurring but for now I'll just see if anyone from big blue replies

Thanks for the updates and plox fixzez soon! I love intel (I participate in the retail edge program daily). If you want/need any other system information let me know! Thanks in advance for your reply!

0 Kudos
DKim47
Novice

https://twitter.com/IntelSupport/status/443411574896590849 Twitter / IntelSupport: @Respawn @sand5456 Hi Danny. ...

This "Danny" is me. As you've noticed I've contacted respawn personally and also Mr. Zampella. I've been on the "official black screen thread - help us!" thread since friday, and I have not seen any replies from intel. Please help us. If you ARE working on the driver, at least give us an estimate to how long it will take for you to release an update for the driver(perhaps by looking at how confused the team is?). A lot of people are waiting for solutions.

I am using HP Envy m4-1015dx. My operating system is windows 8. After it finishes downloading the audio driver, in the mid installation of graphics driver, the screen goes black. No signal of any sort of display(meaning, no, power on the display whatsoever). I tried rebooting, but screen goes black after the HP boot loading screen. I connected my laptop to my tv through hdmi line to bring up my laptop screen on the tv, and rolled back the driver to one older than this beta one; after that i was able to see my laptop screen again. We hope intel finds a solution to this problem as soon as possible as many people with intel hd graphics are dying to play titanfall.

zmura
Beginner

okay, to avoid others to test if this beta drivers works or not..

most of us here are experiencing "dead / black screen" after installation of the beta driver. when the laptop is connected to a second monitor, the display shows. unless you restore your system, you just see black.

for my titanfall experience, this driver appears to solve the glitch "messed-up graphics/models" and so far i can only play this game with a second monitor.

intel is close to getting this done, we just have to wait.

0 Kudos
ON
Beginner

LOL then I am glad I did not intalled this beta driver , all we can do is just wait. Thanks for the anwser by the way

0 Kudos
TReut2
Beginner

I am using a newer Asus laptop, not sure on model, with an Intel Inside Core i5-3210M @ 2.50GHz with 4000 HD graphics. I have the black screen issue after loading the new driver. Using an external monitor works, but Titanfall crashes a lot and when it crashes it takes my whole laptop with it and I have to start it back up from a limbo between off and asleep. Not sure why it does this, could be due to overheating, but I hope this helps you guys with the development process of this driver.

0 Kudos
EVazq2
Beginner

Tengo un problema, al instalar estos dirver en mi ideapad z480 lenovo, con core i3 third generation, 3110M, la pantalla se apaga, no prende, solo pude solucionarlo desinstalandolos en modo a prueba de errores, solucionenlo por favor, cuento con HD graphis 4000, 8gb RAM, core i3 3110M, gracias

0 Kudos
VTran8
Novice

Hey, can you make a beta driver like this for 2nd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) Processor or for Intel HD Graphics 3000?

0 Kudos
JChan107
Beginner

I don't think they're going to release beta drivers for older graphics card besides they're already having trouble with this current one already.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

For those with the black screen issue on mobile systems, we have identified the cause of the issue and are working to release a second beta which will resolve the issue. We do not have an ETA on release but please watch this thread for updates.

Thanks

Robert

DKim47
Novice

You have no idea how happy I am to hear that. You just made my day. Thank you so much

0 Kudos
CPass2
Beginner

Much appreciated! I didn't find out about the second display thing till after I had already reformatted my drive. =/ Hope this patch comes out soon!

0 Kudos
DLau4
Beginner

I have not installed the current beta driver, as i do not want to encounter the black screen issue. Very excited to know that Intel is making progress to making titanfall available for us users. Hope it gets done soon.

To anyone who tries the next version beta driver, and succeeds in playing titanfall tear-free, i'd greatly appreciate if you share the good news on this forum =D

0 Kudos
CPass2
Beginner

I'll jump on it pretty fast!

0 Kudos
JMend16
Beginner

The new beta can't be installed in my asus x550la. I tried to ask asus how to get the beta and they told me to go to intel to find out how to download the beta. I tried to download it alone and it says the driver isn't validated on the computer and i need to go to the computer manufacturer (which I already did). Any ideas? I have a asus x550la, with one 1tb hard drive, 8 gigs ram, and intel hd 4400u

0 Kudos
CPass2
Beginner

For everyone, these are the instructions that I picked up on Reddit for my first install of these beta drivers before the black screen of death.

Heres some instructions i posted on a different thread on how to install the drivers. no issues for me so far.

Login with administrator privileges

Open Control Panel

Open Device Manager

Click on "Display adapters"

Double click "Intel HD Graphics"

Click on the "Driver" tab

Click on "Update Driver" button

Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"

Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

Click on "Have Disk" button

Click "Browse"

Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Beta Intel HD Graphics driver to

13.Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder

Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS

15.Click "OK"

Click "Next"

Driver should now be installing.

If successful, click "Close"

Reboot.

0 Kudos
hsyed2
Beginner

Haha those are the instructions i posted on reddit from the first page of this thread. Clearly people aren't reading the whole thing.

What I came here to say is that the beta has been working for me. The weird banding and invisible objects are gone and I haven't noticed any other glitches.

0 Kudos