Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Beta Intel® Iris™ and HD Graphics Beta Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 for TITANFALL* and Thief*

ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee
UPDATE: The beta program for this driver is now closed. Please find the released drivers at the following links:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23713 Windows 32-bit

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714 Windows 64-bit

Discussion on this driver should be directed on this thread: /thread/49681 https://communities.intel.com/thread/49681

Thanks all who participated in the beta driver program. Your feedback was very much appreciated.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23644 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23644

165 Replies
AMacD5
Beginner

I have the same texture issues, only issue I really have with the game. And since I have HD Graphics card there is no official support. I hope there is a fix.

0 Kudos
SDeff
Beginner

here is a video of an example of the effects pre-driver install

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYPlOoyNhh4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYPlOoyNhh4

(credit to orginal author)

after the install there is a black screen

i believe the problem relates to laptop displays not being recognized as a valid display, as it tends to work fine on a desktop monitor.

hope this helps pinpoint the issue

0 Kudos
jross11
Beginner

Ok, so I followed the instructions listed in post 100, uninstalled and rebooted . After downloading the new driver I get this message that says this driver is not validated for this computer . I have intel i5, intel hd graphics 4400 on a Toshiba satellite . I have the no gun issue and textures stretching across the screen . Any ideas anyone. Any help would be appreciated, thanks !

0 Kudos
jross11
Beginner

Thanks Monkey, Tupper and Robert, I followed the instructions you posted Monkey and everything is running excellent . Cheers !

0 Kudos
RVand51
Novice

Is there a new beta in the works? On the lowest quality settings my gameplay is horrid... With the specs i have I would think that i could run smoothly at medium settings but i guess not. Kinda lookw like PS2 graphics right now.

-_-

DKim47
Novice

I was wondering about that too. I can run far cry 3, just cause 2, portal 2 on high, left 4 dead 2 on high, all those stuff with 40~60 fps. Titanfall should be able to run at around 40~50 fps on my computer. it runs at 15~30 fps. It's quite unplayable still.

SD25
Beginner

Any news on drivers for Intel HD 3000? Would at least like to know if they're being worked on or if they're any other alternatives.

0 Kudos
DKeha
Beginner

Same here. I've been able to run every game on my 4000 so far like Last Light, BF3, Far Cry 3, etc. on medium/low. The only game I haven't been able to run is BF4, but that's to be expected. Anyway, my fps goes from 10 to 60 randomly during matches . It usually depends on what map I'm on and if I'm in a building, Titan, etc., but I thought I would be able to run this game flawlessly, since it's built on Source. I can run CS:GO, TF2, Dota 2, and pretty much any other Source game with no problem. Not sure why I'm suffering so bad with Titanfall.

0 Kudos
ZDave
Beginner

The Beta driver is not working for me, it just keeps on saying it cannot be validated. I've been able to play all my other games besides titanfall perfectly so I don't know what it is, I would really like some help.

0 Kudos
SWind2
Beginner

Howdy, I'm trying to play Titanfall on my HP Envy 700-074 desktop with an Intel HD 4600, and I too am having the stretching textures and missing gun issues. I have downloaded the beta driver, and tried to run setup.exe, only to receive an error claiming that the driver is not validated for my computer. Any help would be much appreciated

0 Kudos
JEFFREY_F_Intel
Employee

follow instructions for "Have Disk" install method as described earlier in the thread instead of running setup.exe

0 Kudos
XFiTr
Novice

Hi everybody,

I'm here not to talk about Thief and Titanfall,

Hp Probook 4540s with hd 4000 and amd 7650M

windows 8.1

I've tested all drivers from hp site, intel and amd site.. and the newest amd and intel beta versions and leshcat versions.

Always code 43 for both cards and all drivers tested.

Amd CCC works with only Hydragrid options, with 13.1 beta version generic amd driver.

Some people have talk with nic in another threads about 3rd party card issues... seems all in stand by...?!?

Beta versions works only for these games issues?

Some users don't have graphic cards

Thanks

0 Kudos
NWrig2
Beginner

Good Morning,

After installing the second beta driver update I was able to play Titanfall on my

2.9 Ghz Intel dual core i7

8 GB ram

Intel HD 4000 card

But only on low settings with a few things turned off and get any where to 17-50 fps depending on what is going on the game.

I hope this helps with the development of the official driver. Keep up the great work!

0 Kudos
MVega2
Beginner

It sounds like I have the same computer as you. It's a good thing these beta drivers are working.

0 Kudos
atash
Beginner

I have an Intel Pentium and when i click on Titanfall it says You do not have the required video card.Instead of changing my video card is there another way?Can u do a Beta for that?

0 Kudos
NWrig2
Beginner

Anything New For an updated official driver?

~Nathsn

0 Kudos
DJ1
Beginner

First off I just want to thank the entire Intel team for continuing their support and release of beta and mainstream drivers to keep up with the latest games on our integrated graphics systems. With every release I gain more confidence and respect in Intel as a company and the fact that integrated graphics like the HD4000 CAN keep up and maintain a very playable framerate with the latest AAA games. Some of these games are: Thief, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Metro Last Light, Tomb Raider, and Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, as well as many others. One game that it struggles with (only at times) is AC4 Black Flag, although usually playable on lowest settings when not in a storm or busy city. I`m actually quite confident that with the appropraite tweaks and beta driver even that game could have a nearly flawless experience in retroscpect. Thanks again Intel, keep up the good work and support for the 3rd and 4th generation gpu`s as their clearly able to hold their own in the market, along with the rapid updates and hard work like this that makes a person continue to go with Intel on future systems.

P.S. There is a new THIEF patch that has been released which could and supposedly does change some of the issues previously had with framerate, check it out and report back, thanks everyone.

0 Kudos
ASmit26
Novice

Okay, so I've tried playing Titanfall over the past day, and for some reason I'm getting the stretching textures and invisible gun again. This strikes me as odd, as it was working properly as recently as last Monday (that would be two days ago as of the time of this post, on March 17th).

So on a hunch, I went to check the driver version, and for some reason the driver reverted to its previous state, before the beta driver. While I attempt to reinstall the beta driver, can anyone come up with an explanation as to why the driver would revert to its pre-beta state without my telling it to?

0 Kudos
AMacD5
Beginner

Hello. First time on here. I bought Thief only to discover it doesn't seem to be totally compatible with Intel and unfortunately there is no support from the developers as my HD Graphics 4000 doesn't meet their "minimum requirements" they said. My only issues with the game are certainly frame rate a bit, all normal settings are good enough on 720 res. Doesn't look great though but playable. My biggest issues are the textures generally look awful and sometimes flash/disappear completely and become black. Or become extremely low res. I've done all the updates for all my drivers and tried the different patch versions of the game. Nothing worked and then I find this beta from Intel! YAY! I thought. but nope didn't help anything, some areas are worse. The only area that is fixed with the flashy disappearing textures is the title/menu options screen. looks perfect there. In-game though? Nope. I don't know if the issues is a driver issue or not. I don't know if you guys cane help with this at all. I tried the game developers and they said get a new gpu, or we can refund you for the game. Anyways, I hope my feed back helps. Not sure if my cpu is an issue as I didn't see it on the list, but it installed fine and so far it seems the same as before in all regards.

I have

windows 8.1 64-bit

Intel Core i3-3110M CPU @ 2.4GHz

Intel HD Graphics 4000

0 Kudos
DJ1
Beginner

Have you guys tried the latest Thief update? I will be in the next few hours and will report back tomorrow. Also, I'm not positive but I think theres more than just us with the integrated graphics having the "shadow glitch" aka texture pop out. Mine really only happens in very isolated incidences that is barely even noticable when narurally progressing through the game, that along with the blurry textures only really matters to me when it happens to be a newspaper or picture that is being held up that should be displaying useful information pertaining to the current mission or happenings of the game but instead the words are just pixelated lines in the form of paragraphs and the spot for a picture is also unrecognizable. Once again, this is my experience for v1.2. Which could be different with the latest 1.3 patch but still quite unlikely. It has been reported on the official game forum that this patch helps the framerate issues on our gpu's its possible.

0 Kudos
SSalu1
Novice

First of all thanks to guys at intel and square enix for fixing the texture issue ..... before anyone goes blaming that its not fixed please set limit texture quality to video ram to off in the launcher..... btw the lighting glitch still persists when looking at some objects from certain angles

please fix this too ... I hope a dev or an intel rep is still following this thread regardless of the spams

0 Kudos