Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Black Screen after installing intell hd 630 graphics driver

Seanmol
Beginner

My laptop screen goes black screen without the keyboard or anything working, even after I restart it still remains black. When I change my hard drive and put one with Ubuntu 20.04 it works perfectly without the black screen. It has been three months and I can't use windows on my pc because without the graphics driver, the brightness cannot be lowered. I tried reinstalling the driver from safe mode it didn't work out of safe mode. Can anyone help me out here I really need windows 10 back, it will change my life, its been 4 months since this problem occurred.

Im running an Hp Omen 15, with core i7-7700HQ, HD 630, Nvidia gtx-1050. The

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Seanmol

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Could you please provide the following information in order to check this further?

1- Do you recall the driver version that you installed and triggered the issue? Could you please provide details or a list regarding what driver versions work and which ones don't?

2- Have you tested if the behavior happens using an external display? If not, could you please try it? We recommend testing using a straight-through connection (e.g. HDMI-to-HDMI, DVI-to-DVI).

3- Is the issue happening when the system is plugged into power, when using battery, or both?

4- Please provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the link.

5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Seanmol

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Seanmol

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos