Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20854 Discussions

Black horizontal bar in Chrome or Edge

Martin_Smith
Beginner

I have three users / computers reporting sporadic display issues specifically when using Chrome or Edge.  When the issue occurs they report the browser displays a black bar horizontally across the browser window.  The only way to recover from this is to reboot.

One user mentioned that when the browser is moved from one display to the other the browser is displayed correctly.  The bar reappears when the browser is moved back to the first display.

I do not yet know which display is [1] or [2], just that the user reports moving the browser from the first display to the second.

For some time we believe the latest driver rectified the issue as long as we blocked "updates" to the driver from Microsoft/Windows/WSUS.

Name Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9BC5&SUBSYS_D0001458&REV_05\3&11583659&0&10

Driver Version 31.0.101.2115

BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

BaseBoard Product H510M S2H

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045

Total Physical Memory 15.5 GB

Available Physical Memory 7.82 GB

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Martin_Smith

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. We are sorry you are experiencing issues when trying to use the web browsers on your system.

Please let us know the following information so we can better assist you:

1. Do all the affected systems have the same specifications related to the graphics adapter and monitors?
  2. Share a short video showing the issue.
  3. Are there specific steps to trigger this issue?
  4. Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response to get more information on the hardware configuration. 

Best regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Martin_Smith
Beginner

Two of the systems are identical down to the monitors and outputs used to connect the computers to the monitors.

Please see attached results from the SSU and a video of the issue.

The users do not know what actions cause this, it just seems to start at some point and not go away until the computer is rebooted, or as we found out today if the video cable is detached from the monitor then reattached.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Martin_Smith

Thank you for the information. Please let's try the following:

1.-Update to the latest driver version 31.0.101.2125.

2.-Go to the Intel® Graphics Command Center>Display. Under the display menu, go to scale and choose Fullscreen.

3.-If the issue persists, as a test, please try disabling Hardware Acceleration and check if the issue happens.

4.-Also check when the issue happens if enabling and disabling FullScreen mode with the F11 key fixes the issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Martin_Smith
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

I'll get the latest drivers onto those systems as soon as I can this week.

I'll ask the users to let me know when/if the issue reoccurs.

Thank you for your help.

-Martin

0 Kudos
Martin_Smith
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

I have just installed the latest drivers, now to wait to see if the issue reoccurs.

Thank you for your help.

-Martin

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Martin_Smith,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to test if the issue occurred with the new driver?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Martin_Smith

Please let us know if you were able to complete the tests with the latest driver and whether the issue continued to happen.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Martin_Smith

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best Regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos