Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21286 Discussions

Stable Diffusion Intel Arc A750 or A770

mindy6
Beginner

I want to get into stable diffusion, it seems Intel Arc is getting better support on Linux(at least on Ubuntu) within a decent price range for GPUs. I was wondering would the 8 GB(A750 and A770) Arc GPU would be good enough for stable diffusion or just go for the 16 GB(A770). I am really looking at the it/s and creating larger images later on, pass the general 512x512 px size. What I want to try to access stable diffusion over the network and through a Ubuntu VM. I am going to try to have GPU as pass through into KVM.

I would like any opinions regarding what I want to do and the GPUs as well.

I have an home server with Rocky 9 Linux, 16 GB DDR4 , Intel i3 12100, RAID5 24 TB, 128 GB M.2 SSD, no GPU(motherboard has built in one) and headless server.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello mindy6

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. We know it is important for you to know if our GPUs will work with the Stable Diffusion tool and we will be glad to help.

We want to let you know the GPU should work with stable diffusion, you can check more information in the following articles:

Does Stable Diffusion Work on an Intel® Arc™ GPU?

Stable Diffusion Powered by Intel® Arc™, Using GIMP

Based on their website a minimum of 6Gb Vram is required so an 8Gb Arc GPU should be able to work with the tool. Please note that as you mentioned only Ubuntu is currently supported, you can try the GPU on your Linux-based OS but might experience issues.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello mindy6

Please let us know if you have further questions related to this topic and if the information we provided helped.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello mindy6

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best Regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos