Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20663 Discussions

Black screen after instaling intel hd graphics

Amine3
Beginner
Hey Intel team.
I have a problem with my desktop computer and I haven't found a solution for two months, which is: when activating the intel hd graphiqus driver. The screen goes black. Note that I do not have an external graphics card. And I re-installed the driver several times from the Intel website.
I also re-installed Windows several times and the same problem.
I also lost the sound in the computer also and I tried all the solutions on the internet to no avail.
My computer: i3 2120 windows 10 pro 22h2
and motherboard: Asrock h61
thanks in advance intel team
please reply.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your processor (and its graphics) is not supported by Windows 10:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-10-21h2-supported-intel-processors

There is no driver for your graphics for Windows 10, so you cannot be installing a driver for your graphics from the Intel site.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Al is correct. Intel does not support Windows 10 on processors this old. The only graphics driver that supports your processor is the compatibility driver provided by Microsoft. It should be automatically installed when Windows is installed. Any other driver that you attempt to use is going to cause problems (as you have seen). At the end of the day, the Microsoft-provided driver is going to cause you issues as well. If has many known issues and shortcomings. 

Sorry, but this is reality.

...S

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Amine3

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge, and they jumped in and are helping you. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. 

You can verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel®️ Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued".

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Carlos L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos