Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21076 Discussions

Blender still causes a bluescreen when it runs out of VRAM

kode54
Beginner
https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Complex-Blender-scene-crashes-with-bluescreen/td-p/1442149 This topic would not let me reply to it, so I am starting a new one. I installed the new drivers. Same bluescreen error, except this time, my monitors powered off completely for the duration of the memory dump and did not power on again until the system rebooted. Clearly Microsoft Edge does not function on this web site, because I can't use the Browse button for posting attachments, either. I can't drag attachments onto the page either, so I will upload all attachments to my personal storage. https://f.losno.co/intel_report_20230105.txt I have also compressed and uploaded the memory dump from the bluescreen, but would feel safer emailing or DMing that to someone at Intel directly.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello kode54,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® Arc™ Community Forums.

Thanked you for the attached report we have reviewed it, and since you report that you will feel safer getting support via email, we will be more than glad to send you an email and continue the communications via email.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
kode54
Beginner

Yeah, sorry about that. I will still accept forum support. I simply found out the hard way that the forum scripts don't work too well with my Microsoft Edge configuration, but they work just fine with my Mozilla Firefox setup. I'd be happy to continue on the forum if that's okay.

Regarding this issue, I have swapped the A750 for an A770, and the scene renders just fine now. I found this out the hard way as well, that scene pushes my VRAM usage up to 14GB, so clearly it's a very VRAM heavy scene. But still, it would be nice if the out of memory event caused by Blender would simply fail gracefully instead of causing a driver exception or worse that leads to a blue screen error.

I'll continue any further feedback in the other topic, since that seems to be open still. Feel free to close this duplicate.

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello kode54,

Thank you for the reply, we really appreciate it.

Also, we would like to thank you for your feedback it really helps us to work on the issues reported with the goal of improving the quality of the products.

When it comes to the new details that were shared with us in this post we will add them to the original thread as well as your comments.

so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos