Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Blue Screen: VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR in Windows 10

Osloite
Beginner

Hey everyone,

I could'nt get any help in the chat option here at Intel, nor were I able to fix this problem on my own. Even the people at the service desk in the place where I live, and where I bought my laptop, were able to fix this (although they didn't seem to have tried hard enough).

So I have a Acer laptop with Windows 10 installed. 
Prosessor: Intel Core i5-8250U, 8GB RAM, 64-bit

The problem I have is that it gives me the blue screen message: VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR in Windows 10 - at least once a day I would say. This is the message I get: VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR. 

I have tried most of these steps recommended on this support website ( https://windowsreport.com/video-dxgkrnl-fatal-error-windows-10/  ), but they didn't work (I also did not want to pay for this Driver update software that they recommend in step 1).

I really want and need to fix this. I have a lack of time to spend a lot of time on it since I'm working a lot. Money is very tight, so I can't just buy another PC.

Hope one of you guys can help me out here. 

Thanks a lot everyone for your input..

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Osloite,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To bette assist you, please provide the following information:

• Do you get the BSOD under certain workload or this occurs randomly?
  • For how long you’ve experiencing this behavior? Was it working fine at a certain point?
  • Where any changes made prior to this behavior?
  • Please provide your operating system version.

To gather the necessary information from your system I would appreciate if you could run the following tool and attach the reports generated.   

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) Download link 

1.       Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. 

2.      By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   

3.       Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   

4.       To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Osloite,

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Osloite,

We have not heard back from you. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos