Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Blue Screen with mouse cursor when trying to wake laptop from sleep mode,after updating win 10 to v.1903

Chngr
Beginner

Hello everyone

After updating win 10 to v.1903 my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode, or it takes like 40-50 sec to awake from sleep mode. It’s just blue screen with mouse cursor which doesn’t move, I've tried many solutions to solve the problem like the one’s in the link below, but unfortunately non of them worked.

uninstalling graphic drivers solves the problem but Win 10 becomes so lagy & brightness keys stops working & laptop drains too much battery.

if someone can help me I’ll be grateful,

Solutions I’ve tried : https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-windows-10-black-screen-with-cursor-error/

Laptop: Sony SVD13217PTB

Cpu: Intel® Core™ i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz

G.Card : Intel® HD 4400

Win 10 64bit v.1903

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chngr
Beginner

+1

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Chngr, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked for the drivers provided by Sony and actually, there are no graphics drivers available for Windows* 10, please verify the following link to confirm that information:

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/laptop-pc-svd-series/svd13217psb/downloads?operating-system=windows_10_64bit

Do you see any error code?

As an option, based on the fact that the processor works with Intel® HD Graphics 4400 we can try to install the Intel® generic graphics driver version 15.40.42.5063:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28662/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81497

You mentioned that uninstalling the graphics driver solves the problem, that means that the computer is working with the graphics driver provided by Microsoft, that is the proper driver according to Sony for your system so you can always keep using it or try to update it:

• Get into "Device Manager"
  • Select the option "Display Adapters"
  • Right click where it says "Intel® drivers"
  • Select "Update Drivers"
  • Choose "Search automatically for updated driver software"
  • And then test the laptop

The Intel® Graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your platform, so in this case, if the problem persists, what we recommend is to get in contact directly with Sony for them to confirm if Windows* 10 1903 is fully supported and for them to provide the proper drivers for your system. A BIOS update might be needed as well and they will be able to provide all the details to do that plus further suggestions for this scenario:

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation  

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Chngr, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Chngr
Beginner

Alberto,thank you for trying to help,

I’ve contacted with Sony. They just wanted me to downgrade to win 8(laptops original os) then upgrade to 8.1 then to 10!!!

Im not gonna spend my all day just because they are too lazy or non expert to be able to see the problem and I’m %100 sure problem won’t solve when I do those steps Ive already tried installing fresh win 10,so i just disabled sleep mode and decided not to use it until maybe Microsoft or Intel make another driver update in future.

but thanks anyway for your time

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Chngr, You are very welcome, thank you for letting us know those details.

Yes, we understand that to re-install the OS might take a while so for this scenario to disable the sleep mode will be a pretty good workaround.

Just to let you know, in this case, Sony should be the one to provide the customized driver for your platform and for the operating system that you are using.

It is a good thing that you were able to report this scenario directly to them, hopefully, they will be able to release the proper driver for your system in the future.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos