Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21003 Discussions

Brand new A770 no fan spin

WillHiebs
Beginner

My brand new A770 won't kick on its fans regardless of load and I'm trying to figure out if its a hardware or software issue. Here's what I've tried so far:

- reseating the GPU

- running DDU, then reinstalling the current driver and waiting a few minutes before restarting (something about background firmware updates that could take longer than the driver install?)

- toggling ASPM, power management controls

- adjusting the fan curve in Arc Control

- uninstalling Arc Control (then reinstalling when that didn't work)

Any suggestions on next steps? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, WillHiebs.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

Since you've tried both hardware and software troubleshooting steps, the issue might be a bit elusive. I would like to know if there are any physical obstructions blocking the fans or preventing proper airflow within the system. As it could be the root cause. Additionally, have you considered testing the GPU in another system to determine if the problem persists?

Furthermore, are there any BIOS settings related to fan control that you can review or modify? These avenues might provide further insight into resolving the fan issue.

I'd like to delve deeper and verify specifics like the graphics precise driver versions, and any system errors. Utilizing the Intel SSU tool will enable us to collect detailed information about your system setup, which could aid in identifying the underlying cause of this issue.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello WillHiebs,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the information we posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello WillHiebs, 

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos