Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Brightness issue

VRAJA3
Beginner

Hi everyone,

hope all are doing well, i am using sony vaio which is build in https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/76293/Intel-Core-i3-4100E-Processor-3M-Cache-2-40-GHz- Intel® Core™ i3- 370 m (3M Cache, 2.40 GHz) after updating the windows on april,

I couldnt adjust the brightness WHERE THE BRIGHTNESS REMAINS 100% I could not decrease brightness level

Is any possible solution for this. kindly help me with this

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The link you provided does NOT take you to a i3-370m, but rather i3-4100e.

So, verify which processor you have.

If i3-370m, here is your processor:https://ark.intel.com/products/49020/Intel-Core-i3-370M-Processor-3M-cache-2_40-GHz Intel® Core™ i3-370M Processor (3M cache, 2.40 GHz) Product Specifications

Now, if you do have a i3-370m, and the update to windows that you are referring to is Windows 10, neither your processor or graphics are supported on Windows 10.

If your processor is an i3-4100e, and your system is a laptop, you need to get the driver from Sony. You should use the SONY driver as they may have modified/customized the driver for their device. Using the intel generic driver may cause a lack of functionality.

There are many more "if's" I can comment on, but to give you better answers, we need better information.

So, provide the operating system, CORRECT processor number, etc.

Doc

0 Kudos
VRAJA3
Beginner

Dear sir,

The processor is Intel core i3-370M Processor 3M cache ,2.40 Ghz which i have updated windows 10

on april in my sony vaio after that issues started and if you have any solution to it, kindly provide me the link

Thank you

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

There is no solution. Your processor and graphics are not supported on Windows 10.

You can always go back to your previous OS.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am having the same problem with my HP Pavilion dm4 1265dx. Since the update 1803 of windows 10. Waiting for solution. Meanwhile, I returned to version 1709.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

There is no solution. Your processor and graphics are not supported on Windows 10.

You can always go back to your previous OS.

Doc

0 Kudos