Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20902 Discussions

(Bug) HDMI TV Info banner keep popping up - Randomly - Intel Arc A380

NikosD
New Contributor I

Hello.

Using a PC with an Intel Arc A380 connected via HDMI to a Sony TV KD - 65XE9005, I have random pop ups of the info banner displaying HDMI port/resolution/ time etc. at the top of the TV panel.

It's the usual info banner that all TVs have.

This info banner should pop up only when changing TV channels or requesting info, generally speaking only when a reason exists usually controlled by the user.

When I connect different cards from other vendors using the same PC and TV, I don't have such issues.

It seems that it's one of those teething issues of the new Intel Arc cards.

Technically speaking, the issue seems to be related with the HDMI handshaking and a firmware update of the card could solve the problem.

My configuration:

Win 11 23H2 (22631.3737) - Intel Arc A380 - Drivers v5590 - TV Sony KD-65XE9005

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello NikosD,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

May I know when the issue started and if you made any changes before the issue occurred? This question will help us quickly isolate the issue.

Furthermore, kindly provide the complete model of your system so I can check its specifications, and if possible, please share a screenshot of the error message or pop-up message.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NikosD
New Contributor I

Hello Carmona,

The situation described above was and still is the same, the moment I bought the Arc A380 card and connected it via HDMI to my TV, last summer.

Nothing has changed since then, I just frequently update my drivers (and firmware via drivers)

The model of the Sony TV is exactly KD-65XE9005, as I wrote above.

The model of my Arc A380 card is ASRock Arc A380 Challenger ITX 6GB OC.

I tried to capture the info banner in a video/screenshot but it was impossible, as it is a TV banner on a different layer than the desktop (it has nothing to do with OS (Windows).

It's a classic info banner showing up e.g. when changing channels in normal TV mode or pressing the (i)nfo button of the TV remote control.

BR,

Nikos

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello NikosD,

Thank you so much for the response.

Is it possible that you can take a photo of the error or issue using your phone and then share it here in the thread so we can better figure out the issue?

We will wait for your response.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
NikosD
New Contributor I

Hello.

Here is a photo of the issue, as an attachment, take a look at the top of the monitor.

Also, I have to say that using any iGPU from Intel, even very old like from Sandybridge era, I never had such issues connecting the PC with the TV monitor.

Thank you,

Nikos

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello NikosD,

Thank you so much for providing us with a photo of the error message.

For our next step, I will be raising the case with our engineers for further investigation.

And I will get back to you as soon as I have our engineers response.

Thank you so much for your patience.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos