Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Can I hide an update within DSA?

BHica
Beginner

Driver & Support Assistant is finding a driver update for my intel graphics chip in my Dell. It recommends I keep the Dell driver, though, and fails to install. Dell has no update. CAN I HIDE THIS UPDATE FROM DSA? It keeps popping up a Windows 10 notification, so I had to turn off ALL DSA notifications in Windows 10, which I'd rather not do.

4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should be using the dell driver support tool.

Doc

0 Kudos
Honeybee
Novice

I'm having a similar problem with my HP.  It keeps telling me I have an update that I want to hide,  and there is no way to do so...but there used to be.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Honeybee This is a two year old thread.   Start a new thread for yourself and fully explain/describe your problem.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Giff
Beginner

I have the same problem with Windows 11 on my Dell notebook.  Intel DSA notified me that there were 3 updates available.  I installed two of them with no problem.  However, DSA warned me that the third one should not be installed if there's a newer Dell driver available because the Dell customizations would be removed.  I checked with Dell and found that I already had the latest Dell driver, but there seems to be no way to find out which version DSA is prepared to install.

Anyway, DSA asked whether I wanted to proceed with the Intel driver installation but it provided only one possible response - "I understand and wish to proceed".  There was no way to say "No, and do not ask me again".  Hence, every day I get the same notification - "1 software update available" - and have to dismiss it and close DSA without ever having an opportunity to say "Do not ask me again."

User Friendliness 101:  Whenever asking the user a question, be sure to allow for all possible answers the user might need (and don't keep asking the same question again and again ad nauseum).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  (Like BHica, I don't think disabling all DSA notifications is a good idea.)

- Giff

0 Kudos