Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Can I play GTA 4 on an intel driver!!

idata
Employee

Can I play GTA 4 on an intel driver!! cuz it seems like u cnt

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

When you say an "intel driver" do you mean an intel intergrated graphics?If taht is what you mean, I would think you would struggle to even on the lowest graphics settings, it is one of if not the most demanding game out there at the moment on graphics memory.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
Cpt.Dogfruit 45 posts since  Jun 26, 2009Jul 3, 2009Re: Can I play GTA 4 on an intel driver!!<!-- [DocumentBodyStart:12231551-5b1d-4326-b170-605da92e3e7e] -->

Hi,

When you say an "intel driver" do you mean an intel intergrated graphics?If taht is what you mean, I would think you would struggle to even on the lowest graphics settings, it is one of if not the most demanding game out there at the moment on graphics memory.

<!-- [DocumentBodyEnd:12231551-5b1d-4326-b170-605da92e3e7e] --> <!-- BEGIN attachments --> <!-- END attachments --><!-- END reply -->

preferredMode = "advanced"; popupBlockerAlertMessage = "Sorry, but we have noticed that your popup-blocker has disabled a window that provides the spell checking functionality. You will need to disable popup blocking on this site in order to spell check your post."; enabled = true; interval = 30; draftType = 2; objectType= 2; objectID = 38234; body = 'wysiwygtext'; subject = 'subject01'; images = []; // no tags on a reply properties = []; confirmationMessage = 'You have unsaved changes.'; saveMessage = 'Save and Continue Editing'; savedMessage = 'Save and Continue Editing'; var autoSave = new JiveAutoSave(enabled, interval, draftType, objectType, objectID, body, subject, images, properties, confirmationMessage, saveMessage, savedMessage); if (isAdvancedEditorBrowser()) { } else if (isTextEditorBrowser()) { disableAdvancedMode(); setEditorMode(preferredMode); } function initEditor() { var list = new jive.rte.RTEListener(); list.onKeyUp = function(){ autoSave.messageChangeHandler(); }; list.onChange = function(){ autoSave.messageChangeHandler(); }; Event.observe($('wysiwygtext'), "keyup", autoSave.messageChangeHandler); Event.observe($('wysiwygtext'), "change", autoSave.messageChangeHandler); window.editor.get('wysiwygtext').addListener(list); var list = new jive.rte.RTEListener(); list.onResize = function(){ // Expire cookies in a year var expires = new Date(); expires.setTime(expires.getTime() + 3600000 * 24 * 365); var h = window.editor.get('wysiwygtext').getHeight(); setCookie("jive_wysiwygtext_height", "" + h, expires); } list.doneTogglingMode = function(){ if(currentMode == "advanced"){ currentMode = "rawhtml"; }else{ currentMode = "advanced"; } refreshLinks(); } list.initFinished = function(){ $('wysiwyg-panel').removeClassName('loading'); } window.editor.get('wysiwygtext').addListener(list); Event.observe($('toggle_html'), "click", window.editor.get('wysiwygtext').toggleEditorMode); window.editor.get('wysiwygtext').setHTML($('textEditor').value); var h; try{ h = parseInt(getCookie("jive_wysiwygtext_height")); if(!h) h = 500; }catch(e){ h = 500; } var text = $('wysiwygtext'); var tiny = $('wysiwygtext_parent'); window.editor.get('wysiwygtext').resizeTo(h); if(currentMode == "rawhtml"){ window.editor.get('wysiwygtext').toggleEditorMode(); } if (preferredMode == 'text') { document.postform.wysiwygtext.focus(); } else if (preferredMode == 'advanced') { window.editor.get('wysiwygtext').focus() } } var pb = $('postButton'); function localOnShow(){ if (!pb.disabled) pb.disabled = true; } function localOnHide(){ if (pb.disabled) pb.disabled = false; } function initRTE(){ if(!window.editor.get('wysiwygtext').isReady()){ window.setTimeout("initRTE()", 33); return; } if(window.editor.get('wysiwygtext').isTextOnly()){ $('wysiwyg-panel').removeClassName('loading'); preferredMode = 'rawhtml'; currentMode = 'rawhtml'; return; }else{ preferredMode = 'advanced'; currentMode = 'advanced'; } // // set the editor's mode to the user's preference // on page startup document.getElementById('wysiwyg-panel').style.display = 'block'; jive.ext.x.xAddEventListener($('subject01'), "keydown", function(evt){ evt = evt; if(evt.keyCode == 9){ // tab window.editor.get('wysiwygtext').focus(); } }); if($def(window.spellInit)){ spellInit(); } initEditor(); preferredMode = 'advanced'; currentMode = 'advanced'; refreshLinks(); window.setTimeout(" window.editor.get('wysiwygtext').focus()", 333); } /** * new initialize function for the editor */ window.editor = new jive.ext.y.HashTable(); var list = new Object(); list.tinyMCELoaded = function(){ } jiveControl.addListener(list); window.editor.put('wysiwygtext', new jive.rte.RTE(jiveControl, "wysiwygtext", "thread")); jive.ext.x.xAddEventListener(window, "load", initRTE);

<!-- END main body column --> <!-- END main body --> <!-- BEGIN footer -->

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational and entertainment purposes only. INTEL MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS

-Yep is it still possible,like playing gta 4 on an intel chipset (on a laptop)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I can play call of duty 4 on low settings so may-be gta 4 too

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I would think there is probably a small chance, but it would depend on the other components you have, specially the memory, as the intergrated graphics will not have that much memory the game will have to take it from the ram. The game is a killer for graphics memory usage.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If you are talking about a graphics card then no you can't. I just spent $50+ on the game only to find out it doesn't work on my laptop. NOT very happy about it I must say.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Actually you can play gta 4 on lowest detail settings on the intel 4500 or also known as 4 series chipsets. Though don't patch the game at all or it breaks and gives you a failed render message. Odd that ati onboard had this same issue on other games and they patched thier driver set to make it work, probably due to the shared memory not being reported correctly to the game. As I stated though gta4 does run good at low details onn the 4500 but *Warning - do not patch the game at all from the original disc install. * This post is for the original release of the gta4 game and does not apply to newer releases. The game must be specifically before the first patch of 1.0.1 so version 1.0.0.

0 Kudos