Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Can UHD Graphics 630 go 2560x1080 on LG 29WK500 Ultrawide ?

HTsan1
Beginner

Hello , I know people did ask similar questions in the forum before but I am not sure if they got the same case as mine.

I just got the LG 29WK500 Ultrawide monitor, I'm connecting it using the HDMI cable; however when I go to setting, the max. resolution I can choose is 1920x1080. Is it because the driver is not up-to-date? But from Dell support website , x.x.x.5017 is the latest ver. they provide.

Is it possible to have 2560x1080 in my case? I attached a report here, any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It should work just fine. How are you connecting it? Are you using proper high-speed cable? This is usually the reason for problems like this...

...S

0 Kudos
HTsan1
Beginner

I am using the HDMI cable that originally comes with the monitor. However, since my comp. only got DP so I need to add a little HDMI-DP cable as a converter / adapter when I am connecting. Would it a problem ? Thank you for your comment.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, it could very well be a problem. Dongles/Cables like this are notorious for causing data-rate issues.

I never trust cables that come with monitors. If you think about it, it is in the best interest of the display manufacturer to provide the cheapest cables that they can get away with.

...S

0 Kudos