Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Can Universal Windows Drivers support old chipsets with Windows 10 Version 1809 on my old laptop? Also could you tell me more information about these new graphics drivers please?

dublinman1990
Novice

Hello. This is my first time posting on these forums. I am here to ask for some advice.

I only read about the UWDs from Intel from news articles yesterday. I own a Toshiba Satellite C50-B-137. I have owned this laptop since the 12th of July 2014. I am aware that this is an old laptop. Am I right that this is a 4th generation processor. This laptop has a customized Intel graphics card driver from Toshiba. It is also currently a discontinued product. I had read a compatibility list of computers about the Windows 10 1809 update from Toshiba recently. My own computer was not included on the list. I also attempted to obtain a driver update from the Toshiba support website. I had no luck in getting one from the website as the latest one there was from the 23rd of September 2015.

I will give you links on my specs of this laptop below.

http://www.toshiba.ie/discontinued-products/satellite-c50-b-137/tab/services/

https://ark.intel.com/products/81071/Intel-Celeron-Processor-N2830-1M-Cache-up-to-2-41-GHz-

I had only upgraded to Windows 10 1809 (October 2018 Update) on Thursday. My current graphics driver is as follows. It's current version number is 10.18.10.4425. It was last updated on the 4th of April 2016.

I have played with some videos & viewed photos on it too since the update. It has not been a good experience from doing it so far. The photos can have a lot of distortion in the image. The videos can also suffer from a lot of freezing & pixelation as well which is not so good either on any desktop video player like VLC & Windows Media Player.

Also when I had Version 1803 of Windows 10 on my laptop. It had frequent problems with BSODs when I attempted to stream some digital movies from online services like Youtube Movies, Google Play Movies & Flixster Video. The BSOD also came up when I tried to play videos & click on photos selected in Windows Media Player. When I had a frequent BSOD on Version 1803. It said it had given me a fault in a non-paged area. I didn't know how to resolve it at the time. What that happened my laptop decided to reset itself every time it came up on the screen. It caused me an undue amount of frustration.

When I installed Version 1809 on Thursday; most of those problems were resolved with most of the problems being fixed. Most of my digital things are now playable but Windows Media Player is giving me the most trouble so far. The videos & photos are still playable from there but it still gives me problems that I have addressed in this post.

What I am asking you here is would my laptop with the customized graphics driver become eligible for the UWDs from Intel in future?

Also could you please give more more information about this subject as it could be a great help to me. It has given me some hope in that I may not have to buy a new laptop in the future if I don't have to replace it.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

new DCH supports certain graphics controllers only , old chipsets are not supported, for more supported chipsets or graphics controller , visit below site

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28445/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=96551

0 Kudos