Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21286 Discussions

Can dual channel( 8gb +8gb) ram improve game performance?

CHAMELEON
New Contributor I
I have hp 15 dw3000 (1A3Y1AV) laptop it has intel iris xe integrated graphics
8gb of ram
Core i7 1165g7
And an ssd inside( not a good one)
96 UEs
4 cores 8 threads

Can two 8 gb ram sticks improve game performance, I heard with integrated graphics it can. Just want to be sure thank you
Ps. I have constant framerate drops and stutters at times so really hoping this changes things let me know thanks
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

More memory is good.  And, integrated graphics will use up to 50% of the total system memory.  So, if you have 16GB, the graphics can use up to 8GB.  Just make sure you purchase the two sodimms as a matched pair, and according the the HP memory specs for your laptop.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

Wonderfull, but more specifically is dual channel better than sigle channel, not sure if I should get a 16gb stick or one more 8gb stick

Anyway of finding out what type of ram my laptop uses?, like searching on the laptop itself. Thank you

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Dual channel is better.

Yes, visit HP support for your laptop to make sure you get the proper specifications for the memory.

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

Been there, could'nt find my laptop's model anywhere. Any other methods to check?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Yes, ask HP support.  It is their laptop and you paid for their support when you purchased it.   Make them provide that support.

Asking here serves no purpose.  There is no way we would know the memory specs on the hundreds of HP laptop models.

0 Kudos