Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Can someone please give me a fix? (Failed to create OpenGl context for format QSurfaceFormat)

JGart5
Beginner

I just recently got a computer dating probably back to about 2007~ and I was wondering how to fix the "failed to create opengl context for format" error that pops up when I try to use a certain program. It states that I should update my graphics card (which most programs and the computer itself says is perfectly up to date) which I have attempted to do. I have a Microsoft Windows 10 Home that has a version of 10.0.17763 Build 17763 along with "Intel(R) Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)" graphics card (I think) if that is helpful in any way (Sorry about all of the parentheses, but image of specs shown below). Also, aside from this issue, the computer runs a lot slower than other previous ones and "normal" programs take up a lot of CPU and memory that they usually don't do. Again, I'll appreciate any help anyone can give me because it would be a shame if I couldn't use this computer.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

First, you are far behind on your windows version and updates.

Second, the Q965/963 is not supported on windows 10, nor is your processor. The best you can do, without adding a graphics card (if you have a desktop), is to use the microsoft generic driver (which you are). It is limited in features and performance.

Doc

0 Kudos