Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Can't get Samsung UHD TV to work with Intel UHD Graphics 630.

AGadg
Beginner

Have UHD Graphics 630 (on Win 10) that worked fine with my old Panasonic HD TV over HDMI cable. Trying to get my Samsung UHD TV to work over same setup but keep getting 'no signal'.  Strangely I see my duplicated screen flicker on randomly for a few seconds at a time on the TV. When I try to detect the second monitor I get "Didn't detect another display" yet under Advanced Display Settings It shows a 'Samsung' Display. See attached image. I'm at a loss.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello AGadg

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

In order to look into the behavior that you are having can you provide me with the following information:

·        What is the brand an model of your system?

·        What is the brand and model of your TV?

·        what is the model of the HDMI® cable? Have you tested a different video cable?

·        Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

·        Steps to save the report:

1-   Run the utility.

2-   Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system.

3-   Once the scan is complete click on “next”.

4-   Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop.

5-   To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Leonardo C.                        

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
AGadg
Beginner

Sorry about the delay.

Samsung UN55MU6290

Latest firmware: T-KTMAKUC-1270.3

Here's the Amazon description for the HDMI cable I'm using: Mediabridge ULTRA Series HDMI Cable (35 Feet) - High-Speed Supports 4K, Ethernet, 3D and Audio Return

Keep in mind that this exact cable/setup works with my Panasonic Plasma HD TV. I'm only sending HD resolutions (1920x1080) across the cable on the Samsung TV, not UHD.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It is not unexpected that the device may appear to be present yet will still not connect. This is typically the result of having a HDMI cable of insufficient capability/quality. I would try a better cable (you need one that is of type Premium High Speed HDMI Cable).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello AGadg

Thank you for the details.

I am noticing that you have currently two displays on the system, have you tried testing the SAMSUNG* TV on the with the other video cable that connected to the DELL™ display?

Have you tested using a different video port output on the motherboard (swapping the current set up)?

Can you provide me with the Intel® graphics report following these steps:

1. Right-click on the Desktop, and click on Graphics Properties.

2. Click Options and Support, and then click Information Center.

3. Click on Save (save it in your desktop).

4. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
AGadg
Beginner

I have the the Dell on the DVI port and the Samsung TV on the HDMI port. Haven't tested the Samsung TV on the DVI port since I don't have a DVI to HDMI adaptor. Graphics report attached.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello AGadg

Thank you for the system details, after reviewing the graphics report is am noticing that the system did not find the SAMSUNG* display, in this case for testing we recommend connecting the SAMSUNG* TV on the HDMI® port with a different HDMI® cable as N. Scott Pearson has advised previously.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello AGadg

Have you tried the system with a different cable?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello AGadg

I haven’t heard back from you; please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AGadg
Beginner

New HDMI cable is in the mail. Will let you know how the test goes once I have it.

0 Kudos
AGadg
Beginner

Turns out the problem is the distance of the cable itself (49 feet). The distance worked fine for my old TV which was HD but does not work for this UHD TV. I assume this is because of the additional data that is transferred over the cable.

0 Kudos
AGadg
Beginner

Followup: I had reduced the cable length down to 40 feet and it seemed to work fine at first but started to get the problem again where the TV would drop out to a blank screen and say no signal. I ended up changing the Active Resolution to 60hz and that really did solve the problem. I have been using it fine for hours now.

For others that want to try this go to display properties -> advanced display properties select -> select display adapter properties for the display -> List all modes.

You might need to do this as administrator. Play around with the different resolution/modes to match your display.

0 Kudos