Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20601 Discussions

Can't install UHD 630 driver

monk
Beginner

I need to lend my brother my GPU, been trying to switch to Intel graphics for a week with no success. 

Intel Driver and Support Assistant says there is no available driver.

Intel Driver Installer says: No driver was found that can be installed on the current device. Exit code 8

After manually installing Intel UHD through the Device Manager it gives me the following error: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31) 

I reinstalled windows and it gives me the same error. 

I'll add the Intel SSU detailed file. 

i5-8400

Windows 10 21H2

Z370 SLI PLUS 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Try the driver from MSI

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z370-SLI-PLUS#down-driver

Maybe there is a deviation between the recent driver you tried and the antiquated BIOS version  you are using.

You missed about 10 BIOS updates.

0 Kudos
monk
Beginner

I just updated the bios to the latest non-beta version. 

I'm still getting Exit code 8 on the Intel Driver installer and Code 31 when attempting to update 

from the device manager. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello monk,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

As per this Microsoft* website "Error codes in Device Manager in Windows", for Code 31 error the Recommended Resolution is to reinstall the driver. We recommend performing a clean install of the latest graphics drivers provided by the system manufacturer since these drivers are customized. Follow these steps:

Check Windows* updates:

• Click the Windows Start button. 
  • Click the search and type Windows updates and click on that option.
  • Select Check for Updates and ensure you have the latest Windows* version. 

Clean installation of the Graphics Driver:

1- Download the latest customized driver from the Computer Manufacturer Support Websites and save the installer on the computer.

2- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Uninstall both the Intel Graphics driver and the Intel Display audio driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

4- Restart the computer.

5- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

6- If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in Device Manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' or similar. If not, repeat step 3. Repeat the process until it is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'.

7- Install the latest graphics driver provided by the system manufacturer.

8- Once the latest driver has been installed, enable the internet connection again.

If the issue still persists, repeat the Clean installation process using the latest Intel® generic graphics driver available at Download Center.

You can also try with the Intel drivers:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello monk,  

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello monk, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
ernzturm
Beginner

yes i have the problem , so to take out the video card ,i need to install the intel driver first

0 Kudos