Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Can't update IDSA tool because the "Intel Computing Improvement Program" throws an error

hchr0
Beginner

My PC:

HP Pavilion 23-q010 23-Inch All-in-One Touchscreen Desktop

RAM 8GB

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

error 1.JPGerror 2.JPGerror 3.JPGall errors.JPGfinal error.JPGfail.JPG

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Use this tool to uninstall IDSA. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28598/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller?v=t

If the CIP program still exists, uninstall it from programs and features in the control panel.

Doc

0 Kudos
hchr0
Beginner

Thanks for the help,

I uninstalled; should I reinstall it from the intel site?

I actually want my Graphics Drivers to be updated, for smooth gaming.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

In my opinion, you should never install that tool from anywhere but the Intel site.

Now, regarding your graphics, that is a different question. What processor model number? What operating system? Are you a laptop or desktop?

Doc

0 Kudos
hchr0
Beginner

OS: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Version: 17134.648

Microprocessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460T CPU @ 1.90GHz

System Memory: 8GB

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, but are you a laptop or desktop?

If laptop, what make and model, and do you have dual graphics?

Doc

0 Kudos
hchr0
Beginner

I have a Desktop;

My PC:

HP Pavilion 23-q010 23-Inch All-in-One Touchscreen Desktop

RAM 8GB

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

CPU Type

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460T CPU @ 1.90GHz

I have dual graphics:

AMD Radeon Adrenaline ( Radeon Software Version 19.3.2)(latest update)

Intel Graphics Driver (Which I am having a problem with)

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You should use ONLY the drivers provided by HP, especially since you have dual graphics.

Doc

0 Kudos
hchr0
Beginner

Okay, but my games do not run smoothly if I do not update my AMD Graphics.

Since a few days, although I updated my AMD Graphics Driver, my games aren't running smoothly. So I went on to update my Intel Graphics Driver, which is giving an error while updating.

Aren't my games running improperly due to non-updated Graphics Drivers? Are there any other solutions for this?

Please help me out in this issue.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

HP is responsible for the drivers for your dual graphics. Only they can provided the updates necessary for your hardware. Contact HP support.

Doc

0 Kudos
Monique_Intel

​hi @hchr0​ .  This is Monique with Intel.  I'm sorry to hear you had issues getting Intel® Driver & Support Assistant updated due to the missing ICIP file.  I'm unclear if you are still having issues upgrading, so here is the link get that missing file:  http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/11135/w_sur_p_2.1.0.03413_sursvc_qh.msi  Download the missing ICIP file from the link, Try to install IDSA https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html – when the dialog box shows up asking for the location of the missing MSI, point to the file downloaded in step #1 and that should allow IDSA to install successfully.  As Doc mentioned, you should only download drivers provided by your computer manufacturer if they are customized; Intel only offers generic drivers.

Thank you,

Monique with Intel Corporation

0 Kudos