Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Cannot download driver

DPele2
Novice

I have:

• Windows 10 (installed last week)
  • Toshiba – Satellite P75-A; 64-bit Operation system, x64-based processor
  • Intel HD Graphics 4600

In various programs I get the error message:

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for windows 8(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

Then the program shuts down.

I have downloaded the latest Intel Driver Update Utility and it recommends I download:

"Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 10 64bit (3rd Gen & BYT)"

I have also uninstalled and re installed the effected programs.

Receive the error message:

"The procedure entry point ?DeleteVertexShader@USC@@YGXAAPAX@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igdumdim32.dll."

Any ideas?

1 Solution
JSkau
New Contributor II

Isn't the CPU in your computer, 4th generation? Have you tried the latest beta drivers (64bit)?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25541/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JSkau
New Contributor II

Isn't the CPU in your computer, 4th generation? Have you tried the latest beta drivers (64bit)?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25541/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

0 Kudos
DPele2
Novice

Thanks pr0xzen worked like a charm. Less than 10 minutes problem was fixed.

So, wondering why the "Intel Driver Update Utility" recommended another driver, not the correct one.

0 Kudos
JSkau
New Contributor II

Glad to help.

For now, I'd advice doing manual driver updates if you encounter an issue, especially with Windows 10. Drivers are likely to be seeing rapid updates the coming months as more and more people migrate to W10.

The Intel Driver Update Utility is still lacking too many device entries, and properly identifying/matching your hardware can be a bit hit & miss. I am sure it will evolve, but for now don't rely solely on that for driver updates. It simply isn't that reliable.

Best regards,

Jan

0 Kudos
DPele2
Novice

Thanks Jan.

Lesson learned:)

Debbie

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello DebbieP:

Thank you pr0xzen for the help provided.

I am glad to hear that the driver provided worked for you

If you encounter with any additional or new inquiries, do not hesitate to contact the Intel Communities again.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos