Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

Cannot instal Intel Graphics Driver

EKame
Beginner

I am trying to upgrade to an Intel Graphics driver on a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10, 64-bit. I ran the Intel Driver and Support assistant and it found a graphics driver for me to install, however when I start the installation, it tells me my device is not compatible with that driver. The processor is Intel Pentium Silver N5000. What can I do to update my graphics driver? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

For laptops, you should only use graphics drivers provided by the laptop vendor. In most cases, modified versions of the drivers are necessary to support the special hardware (for back-lighting, brightness, switching between graphics engines, etc.) used in laptops. Laptop owners should not be using the Intel Driver and Support Assistant (IDSA) as this program is designed for desktop systems and will attempt to install Intel's generic graphics drivers, which do not support the special laptop hardware and thus will cause failures.

Bottom line, do not use the IDSA program on laptops and use only drivers provided by your laptop vendor.

...S

0 Kudos