Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21002 Discussions

Cant Play Minecraft 1.9

WWess1
Beginner

Every time I load up Minecraft and start a new world (or an existing one) it just crashes or closes without a crash log. Instead I get this.....

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007ffe467b6587, pid=2160, tid=9872

#

# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_25-b18) (build 1.8.0_25-b18)

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.25-b02 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)

# Problematic frame:

# C [ig9icd64.dll+0x16587]

#

# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows

#

# An error report file with more information is saved as:

# C:\Users\Wessiewess\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\hs_err_pid2160.log

#

# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

# http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp

# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.

# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

#

AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Using incremental CMS is deprecated and will likely be removed in a future release

I have a Windows 10 64-bit system with Intel HD 520 graphics driver and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M graphics driver

Intel Core i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.40 GHz with 8.00 GB of RAM

And then when I get to the \hs_err_pid2160.log it gives me this...(its the attachment)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Wessiewess:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

I would like to recommend some troubleshooting you could perform with your system.

1. Download and install the latest graphics driver from the manufacturer's website of your device.

2. Test your system with the default drivers from Windows 10*, you can get them after uninstalling your current driver and rebooting your system.

3. Here you can find the latest driver for Intel® HD Graphics 520: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25620/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th-Gen-?product=88355 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40 6th Gen]

While using OEM systems like yours, the recommendation is to download and install the drivers from your computer's manufacturer website.

This is to avoid loosing any special features or settings while using the generic drivers from Intel®.

Additionally, have you uploaded the bug report to the website mentioned? Probably this is for debugging purposes from the developers of the game.

If you require any further information or support, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Wessiewess:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

I would like to recommend some troubleshooting you could perform with your system.

1. Download and install the latest graphics driver from the manufacturer's website of your device.

2. Test your system with the default drivers from Windows 10*, you can get them after uninstalling your current driver and rebooting your system.

3. Here you can find the latest driver for Intel® HD Graphics 520: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25620/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th-Gen-?product=88355 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40 6th Gen]

While using OEM systems like yours, the recommendation is to download and install the drivers from your computer's manufacturer website.

This is to avoid loosing any special features or settings while using the generic drivers from Intel®.

Additionally, have you uploaded the bug report to the website mentioned? Probably this is for debugging purposes from the developers of the game.

If you require any further information or support, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos