Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21317 Discussions

Cant play games is it issue of drivers or os

Sonumon
Beginner

I bought a new laptop today (ACER ASPIRE 5 A515 56 ) and started the laptop. its specification are tiger lake i5 and intel Iris XE graphics so i decided to play some games of 2012 time like outlast little nightmares and all which can run smoothly but every game i installed they show some dll error or other errors like unreal engine is exiting due to d3d error etc..

I installed directx ,geforce experience afterwards, updated windows all drivers are updated display driver too but no single game is running i scanned system and cmd found little error and it said it fixed all i still cant play one single game that i install.

if somebody knows the reason please tell me and also on right click graphics properties are not shown in my pc. net framework is not shown installed in control panel but when run setup it says its already installed. 

first time luckily when installed outlast ran smoothly but after restarting computer it says file missing (steam api64 dll) please help me.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Shvm_ReX
New Contributor I

Hi @Sonumon 

Hope you are doing well, thanks for posting your query.

In your case would suggest you try the following steps :

1. Try visiting the respective game forum for the issue resolution.

2.Update BIOS.

3.Update Graphics Driver.

4. Run IPDT tool Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool 

5. Update your windows.

6. Finally if none of the above steps work try contacting the manufacturer i.e.  www.acer support 

Hope this information helps.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Shvm_ReX

0 Kudos