Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Celeron J1900 HDMI output color space setting missing?

MHu10
Beginner

Hi all,

I have recently built an HTPC using the Asrock Q1900B-ITX but when I connect the box to my Samsung TV I realised that the color is way off comparing with my previous Dell laptop (which uses a SP9600 cpu and 4500MHD graphic connected via DisplayPort). Everything just looks darker and less natural. Some people suggest that it might due to the different color space that HDMI and DisplayPort use by default. I am trying to force the color space change in Intel HD graphic control panel but the 'YCBCR' checkbox is missing from the advance color options.

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64bit and using the this driver - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23714 Intel® Download Center.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Max.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi MaxHu,

The feature YCBCR appears depending on the driver provided by the OEM. From our side, the Drivers we provide this feature is not available.

At this point, you are using the latest driver from our side so my best recommendation is to contact the Computer Manufacture and get their special drivers and verify if the feature is available.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
MHu10
Beginner

Hi Kevin, thanks for the reply. My machine is not a laptop, it's a custom built PC. I don't think Asrock has their own driver for the Bay Trail chipset. On the manufacture site they used a generic Intel Driver as the official driver.

0 Kudos
MHu10
Beginner

Still waiting for answers.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I understand but In this feature was removed from our drivers.

Kevin m

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

IIRC the Bay Trail's default to a 'Full Range' HDMI setting, which tbh I prefer. But I guess it would be nice to have the choice to adjust it.

0 Kudos
MHu10
Beginner

Definitely and it's really awkward that they removed such a key feature deliberately. Looking at Kevin's replies above It seems like no one from Intel knows much about this either. Well, perhaps it's due to the low price point of Bay Trail in general so they need to cripple something.

0 Kudos