Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21263 Discussions

Checking for updates is getting timed out on Intel Arc Control after updating to 4672

Crybaby
Novice

Today, after upgrading my graphics driver to 31.0.101.4672, I'm facing a wired problem. Update check on Intel Arc control is getting timed out, and its not telling me if my driver is up to date or not. What can i do to fix this issue. I added a photo of the reply I'm getting after few minutes.Screenshot_2.png

78 Replies
XakC
Beginner
I'm still having the issue where I update my graphics driver I get the error driver timeout message please fix this Intel don't ignore us!
0 Kudos
FerdiWeb
Beginner

Still same problem after installing a new version... Very Ignoring 😞

image.png

0 Kudos
MarlonSky
Beginner

Still happening on latest version (5522):

MarlonSky_0-1716720860384.png

(its the same text like OPs but in german but the problem is STILL the same after 6 months and dozens of versions)

0 Kudos
genegx
Beginner

After I have done a clean install of Windows due to a security issue, it worked until the next update, after which it started doing the same thing again. I decided just to not have it as part of startup and run the Intel driver update occasionally. I can also run Arc whenever I want it and then just exit it without keeping it running in the background. Bug not fixed but the irritating problem aspect of it no longer happens.

0 Kudos
darxis
Novice

Any news regarding this bug? It is still present with the latest version 32.0.101.5972...

Please fix this, it's been a year already since this bug was initially reported.

0 Kudos
mikeyny
Beginner

Please fix this.  I am experiencing the same issue after 31.0.101.5537.  

0 Kudos
ravthegreat
Beginner

yo i fixed it by running it as administrator it searches without giving me that error 

0 Kudos
ravthegreat
Beginner

i think its lame fr that this hasn't been fixed tho but thats alot easier than intel's fix 

0 Kudos
darxis
Novice

It doesn't work for me, I close Arc Control and then open it as Administrator but it gives me the same error.

What worked for me (but only temporarily) was to uninstall the Intel graphics drivers using DDU. But later when a new version of the graphics driver was released and I updated it to the new version the error came back...

ravthegreat
Beginner

darn i uninstalled arc control with a uninstaller program then i installed the   latest graphics driver then started as administrator and now its working for me thats sad tho its really lame that this issue still exists 

mikeyny
Beginner

Sorry,  but that did not solve my issue.  I had tried Admin but still times out.  Thank you for the suggestion though.

0 Kudos
ravthegreat
Beginner

let me know if it works😀

0 Kudos
franciscomnunes
New Contributor I

Still not working (with 32.0.101.5972 version)

franciscomnunes_0-1726845672567.png

ravthegreat
Beginner

you tried opening it as administrator?

0 Kudos
ravthegreat
Beginner
0 Kudos