Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21076 Discussions

Chrome screen fliking on intel HD 530 graphic

idata
Employee

Chome shakes/flickers every time my mouse pointer hovers over a link. This only happens in full screen.

Disable hardware acceleration in the chrome could workaround the issues, but definitely not an good fix. some people has similar issues, and are talking in https://productforums.google.com/forum/# !topic/chrome/jECGK8YCihg Google Groups

Any suggestions?

Here is my hardware and os configuration

• Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (x64) Build 14931.1000
  • intel graphic Driver Version: 21.20.16.4534

0 Kudos
30 Replies
idata
Employee

Alright, I will add that too.

Thank you for the reports.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/107760 TaileZhang I apologize for the delay.

We have been unable to replicate this issue. We will report this to Google to see if they have anything to say about it. Will update if we hear any update from them.

In the meantime, you can try with the driver provided by your computer manufacturer, see here for the drivers; http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5583# dl GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1151 - GA-B150M-D3V DDR3 (rev. 1.0).

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It is really bad.

You can see more and more people met this issue , and reported to google. Here you go, https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/chrome/jECGK8YCihg/STYYvlOwAgAJ Google Groups

And some one could work around this issue just switch it to NVDIA graphic: https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/chrome/jECGK8YCihg/aqUcmArIEwAJ Google Groups

/***********************/

Current row

aduarteps said:

I fixed it, this is how:

(I'm using a laptop that uses Intel HD Graphics and NVidia GTX 965M.

Basically I went to the Settings of the Nvidia Control Panel and the Chrome was using the Intel HD Graphics (as supposed), so I made it use the Nvidia instead...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/107760 TaileZhang, once again I apologize for the inconvenience. I will double check on the report, and let you know.

Were you able to test the driver from Gigabyte?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

From Google groups, some users got it working with Chrome update 49, but update 50 and later shows the problem. As mentioned before, we have been unable to replicate this issue, so the in this case the best thing to do is to take the issue to Google and let them work on it.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

upgraded to the last version 21.20.16.4596 for two days. the flicking is gone. So far so good.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/107760 TaileZhang, thank you for that information.

I am glad to hear this version is working.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
SNovi
Novice

Have the same problem. My configuration: - MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z170 Deluxe - CPU: Intel I7-6700K

0 Kudos
ffabi2
New Contributor I

Hello,

I have the some problem. It started right after the Windows 10 anniversary update. On the same time the thread in the google forums started.

My PC ist an Intel NUC i5 Skylake and I've tried very graphics driver since then, and now even beta. Windows clean install didn't fixed it.

0 Kudos
SBrow9
Beginner

I am having the exact same issue. Using Intel Iris graphics on my desktop, which has a mobo of ASRock Z170 Extreme4 and CPU is i7-6700k.

I had the problem a long time ago (many months ago), but it stopped after an update. Now it is happening again, on 4534 driver.

I am on Windows 10 Anniversary edition as well. Powering a 3440x1440 LG 34UC87C monitor through DisplayPort.

I don't really want to roll back the driver edition, if possible, because Windows update will try to automatically update me to the 4534 driver again.

One thing I did yesterday, when the problem got really bad - flickering every 2-3 minutes - was modified the monitor's refresh rate from 59 Hz to 60 Hz in the Intel Graphics settings. This seems to have helped some, though I won't really know until going into work today (it's my work desktop).

Thanks.

0 Kudos