Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

Code 43 Error

Baechugo
Beginner

Last night my drivers stopped working when connecting it to a monitor. Then, it stopped booting into windows so I had to do a fresh install but ever since then intel graphics just dont work. It says its the code 43 error but everytime I try to use one of the solutions provided by microsoft either it doesnt work or it turns my screen black, crashes the pc and then wont boot again. 

My laptop is an Inspiron 5593

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

"Fresh install" of the driver or of Windows completely?

It does not work anymore in spite of using the previous working driver and detaching the external monitor?

Did you connect the monitor directly with a straight cable or through DELL's docking station?

0 Kudos
Baechugo
Beginner
Fresh install of Windows. I connected the monitor using a straight cable, then tbe same driver stopped working even when I disconnected it.
0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

If that was the driver provided by DELL, try instead drivers from this list (hit "show more" button) :

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/196603/Intel-Core-i5-1035G1-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3-60-GHz-

0 Kudos
Baechugo
Beginner

I tried, the pc resets saying that the changes will be applied but nothing happens after. It keeps showing Code 43

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You need to do a from-scratch install of the drivers. Uninstall the existing driver (followed by a reboot) and keep repeating this until it says that only the Microsoft Basic driver is running. Only then should you install any of the new drivers.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos