Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Collage Display Mode with Touchscreens

GHold1
Beginner

Hi,

I know this has been asked before but not answered satisfactory (

We NEED to have our dual display as collage and one of these screens NEEDS to be a touchscreen. Therefore, the Intel HD Graphics NEEDS to be able to support this. So, how do I get the Intel HD Graphics software to span across two monitors while still allowing the touchscreen to work?

Extended Display Mode does not work in this case and is not an option. The PC (which is a small embedded PC running Windows 10) comes with Intel HD Graphics as standard. If there is no way that this will work we will need to source alternative solutions, such as not using Intel Graphics.

Many thanks,

Gerald.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, geraldholdsworth. Thank you for joining the Intel® Community.

Please provide me with the following information:

• Model of the system:
  • Operating System installed (build and version):
  • Intel® HD Graphics controller and drivers version:
  • Model of the monitors used:
  • How is the connection achieved between the system and the monitors (type of cables, dongles, etc...):
This will be very helpful for us to investigate further.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
GHold1
Beginner

Hi,

Sorry for the delay - the PC is in a different location to me so I need to make a special trip to examine it.

Details are as follows:

Model of the system: AOpen DE7200

Operating System installed (build and version): Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB version 1607 (build 14393.2214)

Intel® HD Graphics controller and drivers version: 20.19.15.4835

Model of the monitors used: ELO ET1291L touchscreen and NEC 46" non-touchscreen

How is the connection achieved between the system and the monitors (type of cables, dongles, etc...):

Currently, HDMI and USB into ELO Touchscreen and HDMI-DVI into NEC screen. However this will be changed when the new screens arrive and will be HDMI into the non-touchscreen (model currently unknown).

Many thanks,

Gerald.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, geraldholdsworth.

I will continue researching this. I will be back to you soon.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, geraldholdsworth.

For us to continue researching into this, please provide me with the following:

• Please specify what happens when setting the Collage Display mode. Is it that the option is not shown? Or something happens when setting the Collage mode?
  • Have you reported this issue to the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to your system?

Additionally, when using adapters ( e.g. HDMI-USB and HDMI-DVI) the results may vary. I recommend you to use straight cables (HDMI-HDMI).

Antony S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
GHold1
Beginner

Hi Antony,

I do not get the option to go to Collage. When I was first playing with it at home I did have the option, but not with the current combination. I have not contacted the OEM as this is Intel software and GPU, and I know it works on this machine. I can not use a straight HDMI-HDMI cable as the big monitor does not have an HDMI input, only DVI - it doesn't make a difference to Windows anyway.

Cheers,

Gerald.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, geraldholdsworth.

Can you please confirm if the DVI that you are using is single or dual link?

Antony S.

0 Kudos
GHold1
Beginner

Hi Antony,

The screen has a dual link DVI socket, but I am using a single link DVI lead. There are no adapters as this is an HDMI to DVI cable, and is the actual one I used on when setting this up at home (with two different, non-touchscreen, monitors).

Cheers,

Gerald.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, geraldholdsworth.

Thank you for the information. I will be back to you soon.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello geraldholdsworth

Thank you for waiting I would like to share with you that the Collage mode is not supported with Touchscreen displays.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
GHold1
Beginner

This I know. It needs to be supported. There is no reason why it should be disabled for a touchscreen as it is just a video signal.

There has to be a way round this - there is no other option.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello geraldholdsworth

Thank you for the information.

Allow me to share with you the Frequently Asked Questions for Collage Display Mode for reference about that this is not supported (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006547/graphics-drivers.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006547/graphics-drivers.html), I am going to send the feedback about this to see is might be taken in consideration on the feature.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
GHold1
Beginner

I've seen that FAQ and it is about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard.

This is just unacceptable - why can it not be implemented? It is just another screen...the fact that it is a touchscreen should make no difference what so ever.

Well, because Intel cannot be bothered to enable this functionality, we are going to have to go down another route. Bearing in mind that this is a contract worth thousands of pounds and it is being let down by the unwillingness of Intel. I wonder how many more thousands of pounds Intel have lost because of the lack of this simple function.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello geraldholdsworth

Thank you for your feedback, I'll forward your comments and request to the appropriate teams but we cannot promise any particular outcome at this time.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos