Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Collage and clone of 2 external displays not wokring

ERH
Beginner

Hello,

I connected 2 identical 1080p montors to my laptop. one through HDMI to HDMI and the second one through Display port to HDMI.  ( i have an intel i7 4700HQ with hd 4600 integrated graphics)

I cannot get them to work in either collage mode or clone mode through the intel HD graphics control panel.

Both screens would display out of range and revert back to latest setting.

At first i thought it was related to output resolution and frequency, and i tried a lot of different settings but nothing would work.

At some point i was able to duplicate screens 2 and 3 by changing settings in a very specific order in windows 10 display settings. I have to enable laptop screen and duplicate on all 3 screens, then disable laptop screen. This allowed me to duplicate screen 2 and 3.

This made me realise that intel graphics card is pushing multi stream transport through both the display port and the HDMI cable when i select collage or clone.

i have already spent hours looking for a solution and trying different things. Is there a way i can disable MST ? I think this will solve my problem.

Thank you

Elie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

MST is a standard feature of DisplayPort and cannot be disabled AFAIK. It is NOT a feature in HDMI, however, and thus is NOT in play on the HDMI connection. I do not see MST as having anything to do with your problem.

...S

0 Kudos
ERH
Beginner

i think when i set the display mode in intel's control panel to collage the computer is outputing the signal intended to both displays through the display port (MST) and a copy on HDMI. The resolution is too large for my monitors to display and they show "out of range"

i just ordered a new "passive" display port to hdmi converter. It could be that the old one i had was being identified as a monitor that supports daisy chaining. I will report back if this fixes my problem.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello ERH,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• Just to confirm, are both monitors connected to the laptop? are you using any kind of dongle or docking?
  • Does this configuration work fine before?

With both monitors connected, please provide us with the below reports:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

Provide the Intel* Graphics Control Panel report:

>Go to the Intel Graphics Control Panel

>Options and Support

>Information Center

>Save

>Attach the report file. 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello ERH,

Thank you for let us know, we will be waiting to know the outcome.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hi!

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos