Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Collage mode on 2 of 3 monitors

agrot
Beginner

I've found the collage mode in the Intel HD Graphics panel. It looks like I can create a collage from 1) all three of my monitors together or 2) two monitors with third disabled.

I would like to have my two attached monitors in a collage with my laptop screen separate. Can I do this somehow? I'm trying to run RDP full-screen across two monitors and I don't have admin privileges on my laptop, just the VM I'm remoting into.

Intel HD Graphics 520, driver version 20.19.15.4483

Windows 7 Enterprise

Two HDMI monitors of same resolutions attached to docking station via HDMI.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello agrothe,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

Because one image is shared across multiple monitors from left to right when enabling collage mode, the configuration described before is not supported by the Intel® Graphics Control Panel. In this case, you have to choose a configuration that includes at least two displays and up to four displays, using an external DisplayPort splitter.

To get additional information about the Collage Display Mode, you can also go to the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006547/graphics-drivers.html

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello agrothe,

Were you able to read the information provided?

Please let me know if there is an additional inquiry you may have regarding the Collage Mode.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
agrot
Beginner

Yes, I was able to read it.

Unfortunately the driver only supports all or nothing. My last laptop was either NVidia or ATI (can't remember which) but I was able to create custom panels and hence could have three displays (laptop screen plus two monitors attached via docking station) and join two of the three into one virtual display.

The Intel driver will not let me do this which is rather disappointing.

0 Kudos