Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Color Saturation Keeps resetting

GSlaz
Beginner

I have Dell XPS 9570

Intel UHD 630

After installing Bios 1.6.0, in the Intel Graphics Control Panel, instead of "Color Accuracy - enable/disable" I now have "Hue and Saturation" options

The default saturation = 0, is way too much, reds are so strong they hurt my eyes.

I change it to -15, which looks more reasonable, however, -every time- after restart, or using "Windows Night Light" the saturation keeps resetting to 0. So I have to set it again manually, this is extremely annoying.

Trying to install latest Intel Drivers, from here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629.html it suggested to install "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)"

which I did.

After installing, the website displayed there's 1 update available to Intel® UHD Graphics 630

Latest version: x.x.x.6444 Installed Version: x.x.x.6287

(25.20.100.6444) and (25.20.100.6287) 

After clicking download/install, I got error message box:

---------------------------

Error

The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer.

Setup will exit.

Would you like more information?

Click Yes to be directed to the Intel support website.

Yes  No  

I have Dell XPS 9570

Intel Core i7-8750H

Intel® UHD Graphics 630

When I open Dell Support Assist application, it shows there are -no- driver updates avaialable.

0 Kudos
38 Replies
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello GSlaz, Thank you for patience and for joining our Intel ® community, it will be more than a pleasure to assist you. I would like to have a better insight of your system, please attach the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box. Here is the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Keep in mind that we supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid potential installation incompatibilities, we recommend that you check first with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software provided by them. I will wait for your response in order to guide you. I hope to hear from you soon. Regards, Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
GSlaz
Beginner

Attaching log file

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello GSlaz, Thank you for your response. In this case, as shared before we supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. In order to isolate the issue we will need you to uninstall the current graphic drivers that your system has, until the basic Microsoft*display driver is exposed (please make sure that you will do it with no internet access) After that, for troubleshooting purposes please install the Intel ® Graphic generic Drivers found here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27199/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-47-?product=126790 In order to do it, please go ahead and perform this update steps: Unzip the file to a designated location or folder. Open Device Manager: For Windows 10: Right-click Windows Start icon Click yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control. Expand the Display adapters section. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. Click Browse my computer for driver software. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Click Have Disk. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are located. Click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed. Restart your computer. I hope to hear from you soon, please let us know the outcome. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
GSlaz
Beginner

How to uninstall the driver?

I only see the following options:

-update driver

-roll back driver (greyed out - can't click)

-disable device

-uninstall device (is this what you want me to do? will the computer work after uninstalling device from the system? is it safe to do? sounds risky)

Also this link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27199/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-47-?product=126790

is for a driver from 10/10/2017, it looks very old, isn't there a newer version?

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello GSlaz, Thank you for your response. In this case, you can follow these steps to uninstall the drivers: -Open the Device Manager on Windows® 10: Press the Windows key and the X key together, select Device Manager. -Expand the Display Adapters section. -Find the Intel Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver). -Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall. -Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device. -The system must go through a restart to complete the uninstall process. -If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in device manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' or similar. If not, repeat steps 1 through 6. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
GSlaz
Beginner

-disconnected internet

-uninstalled intel graphics driver

-restarted windows

-installed "win64_154702.4815" driver from the link you've given me (even though it's 1 year old)

-got error

Error

This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

OK  

-driver did not install

-installed "dch_win64_BETA_25.20.100.6448" which is the latest driver from your website

-restarted computer

-even though driver installed OK:

-right clicking on desktop and selecting "Intel Graphics Settings" does NOTHING (no application starts)

-trying to run "Intel Graphics Control Panel" from Microsoft Store (latest version) gives error:

"Intel Graphics Driver is not available. Check the driver status and then launch the application"

-in the Device Manager everything looks, ok, latest driver installed.

Sorry but that's really disappointing, instead of fixing the problem, now it's worse. I can't access setting the color saturation at all.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello GSlaz, Thank you for your response. I totally understand, since we already tried all of our generic drivers (generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes) we recommend that you check first with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software provided by them. Here you will find all the available downloads for your system: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15-9570-laptop/drivers Please filter the category to “video” so you can see the latest graphic drivers dated back in 05 Nov 2018. Also remember that your system works with hybrid graphics (Geforce*) so please have those updated as well. I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
GSlaz
Beginner

Hi,

Yes I had latest drivers from Dell for Intel, and for GeForce when the issue was occurring.

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello GSlaz, Thank you for your response. We supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid potential installation incompatibilities with hybrids systems such as the one that you own, we recommend that you check first with your computer manufacturer in order to use / troubleshoot the driver software provided by them. You can also download the new version of the control panel found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/intel-graphics-control-panel/9ndlclmmtmrc?activetab=pivot:overviewtab I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
GSlaz
Beginner

I've already commented on what happens when trying to run that application:

-trying to run "Intel Graphics Control Panel" from Microsoft Store (latest version) gives error:

"Intel Graphics Driver is not available. Check the driver status and then launch the application"

0 Kudos
GSlaz
Beginner

I've tried using the latest driver:

dch_win64_25.20.100.6519

And still can't get Control Panel to show up

0 Kudos
GSlaz
Beginner

When using a 1 year old driver

28-Feb-18

The control panel does show up, so something is broken with latest drivers.

Can you please fix it?

0 Kudos
fr0zensphere
Beginner

Hi! i had some similar issues.

Could you please tell me where to download this driver version? I can't find it on Intel's website... This page here skips from drivers from late 2018 to drivers from 2017:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/128199/Graphics-for-8th-Generation-Intel-Processors

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello GSlaz, Thank you for your response. I am very glad to hear that the .4973 version helped you to get the control panel back. In this case, considering that the issue started after the BIOS update, I strongly recommend you to contact Dell* for a BIOS rollback (if available) as this might allow you to install to the latest drivers from the manufacturer (drivers for hybrid systems) and get the control panel back without using an older version. I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello GSlaz, We just wanted to double check if were able to contact your Equipment manufacturer? I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
GSlaz
Beginner

I did and they weren't helpful at all. They're blaming Intel for not releasing an updated driver, the reply I got from Dell :

"We rechecked the history and for now I would request you to keep using the driver version which you are using now as the updated driver has not been released from Intel. Once the compatible driver is released from Intel, you can update the driver either manually from Intel web site or by using Supportassist."

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello GSlaz, Thank you for your response. In this case, I am very surprised regarding the answer, since as we shared before we supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers(Dell) in this case, might have changed the features, incorporated customization, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. I hope this helps in case that you need to contact them again. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello GSlaz, Thank you for your response. In this case, your computer is running under hybrid graphics, mainly controlled by the Nvidia Graphic portion, which somehow is not allowing you to interact with your control panel and options unless you rollback the driver. Since all Computer manufacturer's drivers are customized and our generic drivers are only going to work for general purposes, contacting the manufacturer again and asking for a higher level of support is the most recommended action. I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello GSlaz, Thank you for your response. We just wanted to double check if you were able to contact your system manufacturer? Regards, Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos