Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Compatibility issues in Intel Iris Xe and LG 65SM9000PWA TV

ThomasHo
Beginner

I have an Intel NuC11 (NUC11PAHI7) When I use HDMI to connect my TV (LG 65SM9000PWA), and turn on "HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color" in the TV, the screen will become a blind.

I originally used the PC + NVIDA GTX1060, using the same HDMI Port, using the same HDMI Cable, can be displayed normally. How can I solve this problem?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

ThomasHo, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new Intel® NUC?

Was it working fine before with this same TV?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ThomasHo
Beginner

Hi,Albert

1. Yes, this is a brand new NUC

2. This is my first time I connect to this TV (LG 65SM9000PWA), I originally used another computer that contains the NVIDIA GTX1060 display card to connect this TV.

3. This problem occurs in connection with NUC.

4. I use Windows 10 20H2 (19042.1081)

5. I am using the home environment

If you still need any information, please tell me.

Thanks

Thomas

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi, ThomasHo, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

After reviewing the SSU report we can confirm that the latest Intel® Graphics driver version 27.20.100.8935, is currently installed in your system and so is the BIOS, 0040.

I looked in the "Intel® Compatibility Tool", to verify if the TV you are using is fully compatible with the Intel® NUC, but it is not listed. That does not mean that it is not going to work, just that Intel® did dot tested it:

https://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails?activeModule=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC#

LG 40-inch Ultra HD 4K 40UF675T

Panasonic 40-inch Viera LED TH-40A400W

Samsung 55-inch 4K UHD Smart TV UA55JU6000

Samsung 65-inch QLED 8K Q900R QA65Q900RBWXZW

Samsung 40-inch Series 5 H5500 LED UA40H5500AW

Sony 40-inch Bravia LED KDL-40NX710

Sony 49-inch 4K Smart TV KD-49X8000G

Just to confirm, if you do not turn on the "HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color" option on the TV, does it work fine or you still get a black screen?

For testing purposes, do you have the option to use a different HDMI cable?

Does it work fine when using a different TV/Monitor?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
ThomasHo
Beginner

Hi,Albert 

If I don't have Turn on "HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color", IT's Work Fine. Yes, I have replaced different HDMI Cable, and all support HDMI 2.0.

I only have this TV to support 4K HDR, so there is no other TV to test.

I want Enable "HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color" because it can support 8bit RGB 4: 4: 4: 0, if "HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color is Off, I can only get 8bit YCBCR 4 : 2: 0. In addition,

In addition, I use HDMI to connect TV, don't have any options for YCBCR?

I searched for forums, and INTEL Drvier allows the user's custom output 8bit or 4: 4: 4 or 4: 2: 2 function has been developed for more than a year and a half, why haven't you been developed so long?

0 Kudos
ThomasHo
Beginner

LG say:
"Some of the high bandwidth resolutions, like 4k @ 60Hz + HDR, require the HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color setting to be enabled for the port in use."

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi ThomasHo, Thank you very much for sharing those details and the pictures.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hi @ThomasHo 

I am currently looking into this issue, I dont have an answer yet but I am investigating.

You mentioned that the TV goes "blind"  when "HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color" is enabled in the TV settings, do you mean "blind" like a "white/blank screen"? Does the TV eventually shows "no signal detected" message and turns off?

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
ThomasHo
Beginner

Hi,Ronny

When I enable "HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color", TV is "Blank Screen", TV does not show "no signal detected".

When I disable "HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color, the TV is again displayed.

I use another computer, the display card is NVIDIA GTX1060 and GT710, when I enable "HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color", TV is normal displayed. Use the same TV and HDMI Cable, when I connect Intel NUC, "Blank Screen" is displayed.

Is this a problem of Driver or an edid problem?

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hi @ThomasHo,

I escalated your concern up to the Product Team and here is the answer I got back:

We wont be able to help you with the HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color issue. This tv/monitor is not on the list of tested peripherals and we have no plans to acquire and test this model, unfortunately. We can add this model to the Intel Compatibility Tool with a note that some features don't work according to the customer reports, that's all we can do at this point.

We have not enabled the capability of manually switching between RGB and YCbCr color space on NUC11PAHi7 neither in previous NUC generations. We are currently working with the Graphics Team to make this feature available via the Graphics Command Center, but we can't commit that we'll be able to do that. 

4K@60Hz HDR (RGB 4:4:4) can be achieved on NUC11PAHi7 via HDMI port. There is a simple test to check chroma subsampling (please, refer to https://linustechtips.com/topic/695273-easy-way-to-find-if-tv-supports-chroma-444/). I successfully tested 4K .png image. My understanding is that you should be able to achieve the same result in RGB color space.

I hope this helps,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
miroslavvassilev
Beginner

Hi Rony,

A year have passed and this problem is still there. I have also a NUC11 and the driver is not allowing switch to YCbCr color space. As a result of this - I can not use my JVC DLA-RS440E properly with this NUC. 
Is Intel (you) going to do something about it ? A lot of other frustrated customers are relying on Intel for thsi simple tweak!

Regards
Miroslav

0 Kudos