Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Compatibility with Monitor

Iratxe
Beginner

Hello,

I am thinking about buying a new monitor that has a resolution of 2560 x 1080 pixels. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron with graphics Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 620. Will I have problems with the monitor when displaying? (the monitor is a LG29WK600-W)

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
9 Replies
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I
0 Kudos
Iratxe
Beginner
I know that it is within the max resolution, but is the aspect ratio 21:9 supported correctly?
0 Kudos
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

I am not sure from personal use but google results are not encouraging.

I am seeing a huge number of support requests pairing 620 Intel graphics with 2560X1800.

Unless you can get confirmation from Intel that they have released a driver that enables this resolution on the 620 graphics I would assume that this does not work.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Iratxe,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order for you to have more information on how your graphics work in regards to display resolutions please take a look at the following article and let us know if you have any doubt with the information on it.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023781/graphics.html

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Iratxe
Beginner

Okay, thanks. So in my specific case, I can see that the maximum supported resolution is 4096x2304

Iratxe_0-1614676806849.png

This is a 16:9 aspect ratio, but I understand that 21:9 aspect ratio is also supported if the resolution is under this maximum suported resulution, am I okay?

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Iratxe,

As the article mentions, most devices will support any resolution and refresh rate up to the maximum value listed on the specifications page; however, to find the resolutions supported by your computer and display, you will need to check with those specific manufacturers, mostly because limitations on customized devices such as a laptop or a monitor can only be determined and tested by in this case Dell(Laptop) and LG(Monitor).

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Iratxe,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Iratxe
Beginner
Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Yeah, it is okay now. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Iratxe,

We will proceed to close this thread; however, if you need any additional information; you are more than welcome to submit a new question just remember that this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos