My computer won't let me update graphics card drivers. Says I have the most current ones but the one I have is from 2018 and there are a lot more current drivers.
HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-x0xx
- Driver Details
- ProviderIntel Corporation
Check with HP to see if they provide a DCH driver for your graphics. If they do, great. If not, there are good reasons to stay where you are, particularly if HP has customized/modified the driver.
Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
Actually Al, 6446 is DCH.
But, I believe that the issue is the distance from this ancient build and the latest builds. What I suggest you try is a clean install. Do the following:
- Download latest driver to your PC. Use drivers on HP site if this is a laptop or on Intel site if not.
- Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable Wireless.
- From Device Manager, uninstall the Intel HD Graphics device, specifying that related software be uninstalled as well.
- Reboot, keeping Internet access disabled.
- Check Device Manager again; if Intel driver still present, go to Step 3.
- Install the new driver package.
- Will ask for reboot. Do so.
- Reconnect Internet.
Hope this helps,
I know very little about computers ... I installed some drivers from last month (184.108.40.20616 of 2/18/2021)
but the problem, in conversation with the software developers (Capture), came to the conclusion that the graphics card is too weak for the needs of the application.
thank you very much for all the help you have provided, but with this computer there is nothing else I can do, since the graphics card is integrated and an upgrade is not possible.