Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Problems with updating drivers

samora
Beginner

My computer won't let me update graphics card drivers. Says I have the most current ones but the one I have is from 2018 and there are a lot more current drivers.

COMPUTER

HP Pavilion All-in-One 24-x0xx

BIOS: F.22

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64 bits), Version (Build) 2009 (10.0.19042)
Intel® Core™ i5-7400T CPU @ 2.40GHz
Intel® HD Graphics 630
  • Driver Details
  • ProviderIntel Corporation
  • Version25.20.100.6446
  • Date11/19/2018

Regards

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Check with HP to see if they provide a DCH driver for your graphics.  If they do, great.  If not, there are good reasons to stay where you are, particularly if HP has customized/modified the driver.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
samora
Beginner

The problem is that i want to run a software that is constantly giving an error, accusing the lack of updating the drivers.

And I can't find anything on the HP support website... for my computer, only have drivers from 2018

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Actually Al, 6446 is DCH.

But, I believe that the issue is the distance from this ancient build and the latest builds. What I suggest you try is a clean install. Do the following:

1. Download latest driver to your PC. Use drivers on HP site if this is a laptop or on Intel site if not.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable Wireless.
  3. From Device Manager, uninstall the Intel HD Graphics device, specifying that related software be uninstalled as well.
  4. Reboot, keeping Internet access disabled.
  5. Check Device Manager again; if Intel driver still present, go to Step 3.
  6. Install the new driver package. 
  7. Will ask for reboot. Do so.
  8. Reconnect Internet.
  9. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Dang....   I missed that one.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
samora
Beginner
It worked! I was able to install the latest drivers. Thanks a lot for the help.
however the problems with the software continue ...
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

(For Al) 6446 was first bug fix release of the original (6444) DCH driver package.

(For Samora) What specifically is it saying it doesn't like? Is it the version of OpenGL? What version of the DCH driver package did HP provide to you?

...S

0 Kudos
samora
Beginner

I know very little about computers ... I installed some drivers from last month (27.20.100.9316 of 2/18/2021)

but the problem, in conversation with the software developers (Capture), came to the conclusion that the graphics card is too weak for the needs of the application.

thank you very much for all the help you have provided, but with this computer there is nothing else I can do, since the graphics card is integrated and an upgrade is not possible.

Best regards

0 Kudos