Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Computer randomly crashes.

JPoli5
Beginner

computer will randomly go blank and sometime with blue screen "WHEA uncorrectable error". One time got a igdkm64 code on blue screen. Sometimes will come back after black screen, other times will crash and need reboot. scanned systems, no conflicts found. Updated graphics driver and bios driver.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. What is the model of your computer/motherboard?
  2. What is version of your Windows?
  3. Which Graphics Driver have you installed?
  4. Was the computer working good before driver update?

Leon

0 Kudos
JPoli5
Beginner

Hello LWAKSMAN. The motherboard is a MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC. Windows 10 Version 1809 Build: 17763.737. Intel 9700k processor with an integrated UHD 630 graphics card. I have had issues before and after graphics card, BIOS and Windows updates.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JPoli5,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Please provide us with the information so we can assist you further.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JPoli5
Beginner

David,

Yes. I did respond to the Intel Post through my Intel support account.

0 Kudos
CNICH10
Beginner

You may be having a slow dying Power supply. The symptoms you describe are indicative of the power supply experiencing what we call the "slow death".

Two ways to check it, 1) go into the case and use a multimeter and see if your 12V or 2) download a 3rd party software like cpuid's HWMonitor (www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor-pro.html) and check the health of your power supply. Check all the voltages and compare with your computers MB manual and see if they are what should be expected.

If all is ok at least you know it is not the P/S.

0 Kudos
JPoli5
Beginner

Thanks, CNICH10 for the recommendation. I did download and install the Hardware Monitor PRO. The +12V under the Voltages tab is at 12.096 Volts. I did a "stress test" and it ranged from 11.904-12.096 Volts.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JPoli5,

Thank you for your response.

Since you are already getting assistance via our Web portal I will proceed to close this request; nevertheless, you will still be assisted via Web, do not hesitate to contact back for more assistance. 

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos