Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Contrast Enhancement cannot be disabled

vjdato21
Novice

The contrast enhancement could not be disabled, and the settings do not stay after a system restart or after a shutdown.

1 Solution
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello vjdato21, We consider the contrast changes when playing videos and the issue where "Contrast Enhancement" does not remain disabled after shutting down or restarting your computer two separate issues that we are currently working on. Regarding the former, the contrast changes when playing videos on YouTube, we would like to let you know that there will be a fix included on the next driver release. Feel free to test that driver version once it is available at our https://downloadcenter.intel.com/. We would like to continue working on the issue where "Contrast Enhancement" does not remain disabled after shutting down or restarting your computer. Please submit a new question. We will be glad to help you with that issue, too. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello VDato, Thank you for posting on this Community. We followed the steps provided on the file and we could not replicate this issue. Could you please let us know if you are applying the setting before leaving the Intel® Graphics Control Panel? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
vjdato21
Novice

Yes, I did apply the setting before leaving the Intel® Graphics Control Panel.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello VDato, Thank you for your response. For testing purposes, we would like to know if the issue persists if you use the new Intel® Graphics Command Center. You can download it from the Microsoft* Store. It is worth noting that the new Intel® Graphics Command Center can co-exist with the Intel HD Graphics Control Center. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
vjdato21
Novice

I have used the new Intel® Graphics Command Center, however, the issue still persist. I uninstalled Intel HD Graphics Control Center though because I don't like it's design. The new Intel® Graphics Command Center also eliminated the lag spikes I get in osu! Before, I used to get a lot of lag spikes at osu! when I had Intel HD Graphics Control Center.

0 Kudos
vjdato21
Novice

Few screenshots of my settings:Annotation 2019-03-22 132843.pngAnnotation 2019-03-22 132748.pngAnnotation 2019-03-22 132702.pngAnnotation 2019-03-22 132613.pngAnnotation 2019-03-22 132528.pngAnnotation 2019-03-22 132415.png

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello VDato, Thank you for your response. We will continue working on this issue and get back to you as soon as we have any update about this behavior. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello VDato, We were able to replicate this behavior. However, we would like to know if it occurs if you install the latest graphics driver version 25.20.100.6618. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello VDato, Were you able to install the latest driver version 25.20.100.6618? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
vjdato21
Novice

Nope, I just have the 25.20.100.6618 (Beta for Intel® Graphics Command Center)

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello VDato, Thank you for your response. We will continue working on this issue and get back to you soon. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello VDato, I am writing to let you know that we are still working on this issue. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
vjdato21
Novice
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello vjdato21, We consider the contrast changes when playing videos and the issue where "Contrast Enhancement" does not remain disabled after shutting down or restarting your computer two separate issues that we are currently working on. Regarding the former, the contrast changes when playing videos on YouTube, we would like to let you know that there will be a fix included on the next driver release. Feel free to test that driver version once it is available at our https://downloadcenter.intel.com/. We would like to continue working on the issue where "Contrast Enhancement" does not remain disabled after shutting down or restarting your computer. Please submit a new question. We will be glad to help you with that issue, too. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
vjdato21
Novice

Just a small clarification, "Contrast Enhancement" doesn't remain disabled after shutting down or restart your computer is only happening on Intel® Graphics Control Panel, this setting remains disabled though in Intel® Graphics Command Center. And another update, have checked several videos on YouTube now, and setting "Contrast Enhancement" to disabled now does something "Intel® Graphics Command Center". I'm so sorry for giving a late response. I'm not entirely sure if it's because of the recent update of "Intel® Graphics Command Center" though.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello vjdato21, We are glad to hear that the video quality improved. Hopefully, you will notice more improvements in the next driver release. Regarding the improvements you have noticed so far, you can also refer to the Release Notes for the driver version 25.20.100.6618. Key issues fixed: *Color and contrast may shift while playing Youtube* and moving the cursor. https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28646/eng/ReleaseNotes_DCH_25.20.100.6618.pdf Regards, Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
vjdato21
Novice
You’re welcome. Thanks for your efforts too 😊 Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
MOlse
Beginner

Yup, I can confirm that the issue still persists, even with the latest drivers (26.20.100.6709).

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MOlse, We were discussing two different issues on this thread. Could you please provide a brief description of the issue you are currently experiencing? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MOlse
Beginner

Hello WannerG_Intel,

The issue I'm facing is the inability to disable contrast enhancement from the Intel Graphics Command Center (or the older Intel HD Graphics Control Panel for that matter). Specifically, following each PC restart or logout, the setting gets enabled again.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello MOlse, Thank you for your response. To better assist you, we would like to work on this issue on a different thread. Please submit a new question describing this issue. We will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos