Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Is anyone else experiencing stuttering/lag when the AMD Radeon RX Vega M Graphics Driver is installed on their NUC8i7HVK/NUC8i7HNK? NUC8i7HVK

jrse
Beginner

Hello,

I just a installed a clean image of Windows 10 Pro 1809 and installed all the latest drivers for the NUC8i7HVK available on Intel's support site. I began using the machine and noticed considerable mouse pointer stuttering/lag every few minutes. Through a grueling process of elimination (swapping hardware: bluetooth mouse+keyboard, wired mouse+keyboard, Ethernet cable, Thunderbolt/USB-C display cable, Mini DisplayPort cable; uninstalling/re-installing drivers: wireless AC 8265 driver, HD graphics driver, Realtek audio driver, etc.)--I've eliminated and reproduced the issue by uninstalling and re-installing the Radeon RX Vega M Graphics Driver for Windows 10 64-bit for Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HNK, NUC8i7HVK (version 18.12.2), respectively.

The issue may not occur when using an HDMI cable, but I was able to easily reproduce the issue using any other type of cable with the full installation the AMD Radeon driver bundle. I plan to open a support case, but I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

·        Please provide me with you full hardware configuration (RAM brand model part number, M.2, mouse and keyboard brand and model, display brand and model, video cable used during the testing, and other hardware if applicable)

·        Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

·        Steps to save the report:

1-   Run the utility.

2-   Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system.

3-   Once the scan is complete click on “next”.

4-   Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop.

5-   To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.   

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello

I haven’t heard back from you; please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos