Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

Custom resolution is not suported in internal display error

Bernardo_Silva
Beginner

Hello!

I had an custom resolution of 1080x1080 for a game called "CS:GO" as you must know, but then i need to restore the data and formatted the windows and the resolution consequently was gone.
When i completed the instalation, i saw that the intel had a new display and the control panel was deactivated so i installed the "Graphics Command Center" and i saw that they had the custom resolution button but when i clicked it popped the error:"Custom resolution is not suported in internal display error" but i had the resolution earlier.
Can you fix it?

The information is down there.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Bernardo_Silva,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that the Intel® Graphics Control Panel was designed for old environments (operating systems and processor) and under this environment the Intel® Graphics Control Panel used to work with not many restrictions but with the new operating systems (Windows 10) and processor (6th gen and newer), the laptop manufacturer placed some restriction (resolution, feature, option, customizations) to avoid that the laptop gets damage or completely misconfigure (as sometimes happens). This restriction was placed just to protect their laptops but you may be able to set a custom resolution with an external monitor/TV.

My recommendation would be to check with MSI for further details.

Also, you may find the following links very helpful:

1. Discontinuation of the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft* Store

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058733/graphics.html

2. The Intel® Graphics Control Panel is Missing After Updating to a Windows® DCH Graphics Driver

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000037170/graphics.html

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos