Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

DCH Driver already installed but support assist shows that the driver needs to be installed

Keilorus
Beginner

I installed the Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers but after I did, it was shown like I didn't install it. So I tried to reinstall it and it said that the driver is already installed. But my problem is that it says shows that I haven't installed it but I did. Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

The image in the first post is a regular message warning that you are trying to install an Intel generic driver over a Dell's customized driver and doing this may override customizations and special features provided only through the customized driver from Dell...

I can see this system is a laptop... unless there is a critical issue that you're trying to solve by installing the Intel generic driver... users should avoid installing generic drivers and the best is to keep with the drivers provided by the manufacturer (Dell).

The report shows that you're running driver version 30.0.101.1070... if you indeed installed the latest one from Intel and then you saw that the "driver rolled back to a previous version", this was caused most likely by Windows Update... Windows Update has a very annoying process that it is constantly rolling back drivers when a generic driver has been installed (that is a different topic..)

Anyway, my recommendation is that you install the latest driver from Dell website. They just have released a new version yesterday. The latest one is 30.0.101.1191, A03:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-ca/product-support/product/vostro-15-3500-laptop/drivers

And you should continue looking for future drivers on the dell's website, not Intel's (unless there is a critical and specific issue fixed through an Intel generic driver and the "said fix" has not been pushed through a dell's graphics driver....)

PS: If you want automatic updates or automatic driver scan, Dell also has a tool for this...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
Keilorus
Beginner
0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

This screenshot doesn't help... you need to upload the actual report file... run the scan and change it from Summary to Detailed View and attach the txt file...

Don't use the option to "send the file"... it doesn't work... save the file (as a txt file) on your computer and then attach it to your post

0 Kudos
Keilorus
Beginner

Here is the text document.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Keilorus, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Keilorus
Beginner

Is this a new computer?

Yes

When did you purchase it?

Around august

Was it working fine before?

Yes

When did the issue start?

When I downloaded the DCH driver

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

No

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Home

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

The image in the first post is a regular message warning that you are trying to install an Intel generic driver over a Dell's customized driver and doing this may override customizations and special features provided only through the customized driver from Dell...

I can see this system is a laptop... unless there is a critical issue that you're trying to solve by installing the Intel generic driver... users should avoid installing generic drivers and the best is to keep with the drivers provided by the manufacturer (Dell).

The report shows that you're running driver version 30.0.101.1070... if you indeed installed the latest one from Intel and then you saw that the "driver rolled back to a previous version", this was caused most likely by Windows Update... Windows Update has a very annoying process that it is constantly rolling back drivers when a generic driver has been installed (that is a different topic..)

Anyway, my recommendation is that you install the latest driver from Dell website. They just have released a new version yesterday. The latest one is 30.0.101.1191, A03:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-ca/product-support/product/vostro-15-3500-laptop/drivers

And you should continue looking for future drivers on the dell's website, not Intel's (unless there is a critical and specific issue fixed through an Intel generic driver and the "said fix" has not been pushed through a dell's graphics driver....)

PS: If you want automatic updates or automatic driver scan, Dell also has a tool for this...

0 Kudos