Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21075 Discussions

DP crashes my monitor

SWarn2
Beginner

When I shut down my PC, or go in standby/hibernation mode, the monitor "crashes". I have to reset it to switch if off or on again. It also happens when i'm in the BIOS and switch the power off by pressing the power button.

I don't know what exactly is the reason. Is it the BIOS, the Mainboard, or the monitor?

If i unplug the DP-Plug, the monitor recognizes that the link is gone and goes to standby mode, as it is supposed to do, so i assume it isn't a problem of the monitor.

As it also happens in the BIOS i can assume it isn't a driver related problem.

It just happens on DisplayPort. DVI works flawless. It looks like the HD 4600 is sending some sort of invalid command to the monitor when shutting down, which causes it to crash.

Any ideas?

CPU is i5-4690K on an ASUS Z97I-PLUS, Monitor is EIZO EV2333.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Stephan

Be sure you have the latest http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z97IPLUS/HelpDesk_Download/ ASUS system BIOS for your motherboard. Also, be sure you are using a high quality DP 1.2 or greater compatible DP cable for your connection to the display.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
SWarn2
Beginner

I'm using the latest BIOS version and a DP 1.2 cable.

Also tried a BIOS CMOS reset and using default settings.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Stephan, thanks for checking on the BIOS and the cable. Have you contacted ASUS support to see if they are aware of the issue? It is possible that it is a BIOS issue and ASUS may have a solution if it is.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
SWarn2
Beginner

Yes I did. They suggested the same steps and in the end they said the mainboard is broken and i shall send it back.

But in my experience (I worked in HW R&D) the error is too specific to be hardware related.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Stephan, please let me know the results with the replacement board.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos