Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20694 Discussions

DX11 bug with TextureCubeArray SRV

Turanszki__Janos
Beginner

Hello,

I am experiencing a bug when trying to create shader resource views for a TextureCubeArray in DirectX 11. I am creating a shader resource view for each cubemap of the array like this:

UINT slices = tex2DarraySize / 6;

// independent cubemaps
     for (UINT i = 0; i < slices; ++i)
     {
      shaderResourceViewDesc.ViewDimension = D3D11_SRV_DIMENSION_TEXTURECUBEARRAY;
      shaderResourceViewDesc.TextureCubeArray.First2DArrayFace = i * 6;
      shaderResourceViewDesc.TextureCubeArray.NumCubes = 1;
      shaderResourceViewDesc.TextureCubeArray.MostDetailedMip = 0; //from most detailed...
      shaderResourceViewDesc.TextureCubeArray.MipLevels = -1; //...to least detailed

pTexture->additionalSRVs_DX11.push_back(nullptr);
      hr = device->CreateShaderResourceView(pTexture->texture2D_DX11, &shaderResourceViewDesc, &pTexture->additionalSRVs_DX11);
      assert(SUCCEEDED(hr) && "RenderTargetView Creation failed!");
     }

The problem is with the First2DArrayFace = i * 6;​ piece, as it seems not to index slices of a Texture2DArray which is the base resource type, but like it was a cubearray. So if I write First2DArrayFace = I; then the results are good. Unfortunately this workaround is not good because other GPUs, like Nvidia behave differently and comply with the first case. The name of the field also suggest that we should refer to the 2D array slice as does the documentation on MSDN. This bug occurs to me with an Intel HD 620 laptop integrated GPU. I hope I could provide good feedback.

Kind Regards,

Janos

0 Kudos
0 Replies