Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

Device Removed Intel Iris Xe Graphics

jcweaver
Beginner

Hi,

I've been running into this issue in Trackmania 2020 where I get the error message "Device Removed (DRIVER_INTERNAL_ERROR) Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics". The error happens 100% of the time while loading specific maps; maps 9,14,16,19,21, and 28 of May 2022 track of the day for example. I have not seen these errors anywhere else, and all other maps work fine. I have already started talking with Ubisoft here https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/158564/crashes-when-loading-specific-campaign-track-maps?lang=en-US&_=1653862430499. I have both completely reinstalled Trackmania and the intel graphics drivers, following the guide here community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/DXGI-ERROR-DEVICE-REMOVED-Intel-Iris-Xe-Graphics/m-p/1275522#M96452 and replacing with the newest version of the intel graphics driver. Attached is my SSU scan. Let me know if you need any more info

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @jcweaver

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Checking the Intel® SSU report, we noticed the system is running driver version "30.0.101.1660". However, we currently have two newer Intel® Graphics DCH Drivers available: 30.0.101.1960 and 30.0.101.1994 (latest). Could you please test with these drivers?

To install the driver, please follow the steps in this article: Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows*. During the process, please make sure all steps are followed, including disconnecting from the Internet and making sure you get to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter before trying to install the graphics driver.

Please let us know if the behavior is the same with these two drivers.

If the behavior persists, please provide us with the following information:

1- Fill up the Game Bug Checklist.docx file in this link.

2- Is the issue observed using the customized driver provided by the computer manufacturer (OEM)?

3- Did the game work fine before or are you experiencing this issue since the first day that you have the device and the game?

4- If this worked fine before at any moment, were there any recent hardware or software changes that might relate to the point when the issue started? (For instance, Windows*, driver, or software/game updates?)

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
jcweaver
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried both versions, first 1994 then 1960, making sure to see "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" and rebooting all with wifi disabled before installing. I then verified the correct version was installed with the SSU. Neither seem to have any effect. I have completed the checklist provided. Let me know if I missed anything.

1. Attached

2. Yes - version 30.0.101.1660 through Samsung Update

3. Yes, I bought this laptop a month ago, and have always had this issue in Trackmania. I have not experienced it anywhere else yet.

4.  N/A

Thanks,

jcweaver

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello jcweaver

Thank you for your response and for all the details.

Please allow us to review this further and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as more information is available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello jcweaver

We would like to inform you that we have been trying to replicate the behavior using the latest graphics drivers versions 30.0.101.1994 and 30.0.101.1960 and according to your instructions.

When playing and testing in the campaign mode, the game does not present the issue. The error message never shows up and the game never crashes.

However, we replicated it in the training mode of the game map 21. We got the error code: "Device Removed (DRIVER_INTERNAL_ERROR) Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics".

Do you have this error also in training mode, in campaign mode, or both?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
jcweaver
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

I can confirm I receive the error on training mode map 21 as well. I have not received the error on the seasonal campaign maps, but a decent number of the "Track of the Day" maps I do get the error, the latest being the map released on June 7th. I also receive the error on many community made maps in the library. Training map 21 is definitely a good find, as the training maps are much smaller and simpler and may make testing easier. Training map 21 is also an official map by Trackmania. Let me know if you have anymore questions or find anything.

Thanks,

jcweaver

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello jcweaver

Thank you very much for your confirmation and for the additional details, we really appreciate it.

We will continue with the investigation and the thread will be updated once we have more details to share.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
jcweaver
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

Have you heard of any updates? I understand it takes time, just wanted to check in.

Thanks,

jcweaver

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello jcweaver

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Yes, we have just received an update on the status of this issue. Based on the provided report, we have assigned this bug to our driver development team under Bug ID: 14017030408.

In order to set the right expectations, we would like to inform you that this will go through debugging/development phases, and given the current workload and priorities, it may take from 3-6 months. As soon as we have any update on Bug ID 14017030408 we will reach out to you via email.

Having said that, we would like to know if you agree to temporarily close this case to avoid duplication of efforts since it has served its purpose (i.e. getting the bug to our driver team). Please let us know and thank you for your understanding.

We will be looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
jcweaver
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

Yep, that works with me. Thankyou for the help!

jcweaver

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello jcweaver

Thank you very much for your response.

Based on the agreement, we will proceed to close this thread now.  In case you need to communicate with us at any point, please open a new case and just reference case # 05481770.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Sona_17
Beginner

Hello,

I have the same problem as the other user. I come back to you because it's been a while since there has been an update in this forum on this subject. I know that the update takes time but it is to know if there has already been an update fixing this bug or if it is still in development.

Thanks to you and your work

Sona_17

0 Kudos
aGEEKdude
Beginner

Hello,

I've been having the same issue on my arc A-750 GPU. I also have a laptop with iris xe graphics, and although the issue has mostly been fixed with the latest drivers, there are still some maps that crash the game. However, the same original error (with it not starting at all) is still going on with my dedicated GPU, with the latest drivers (31.0.101.4644). Any updates on this?

0 Kudos