Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Digital Vibrance

CAbre1
Beginner

Hey,

I have a laptop with a secondary screen and I would like to know why i cant use digital vibrance in the second one,instead i have the YCbCr option.

Thanks a lot.

( In case of need I'm using a Lenovo Y50-70 Touch with a 4600 HD integrated driver)

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

CAbre1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your platform.

You mentioned you have a secondary screen connected to the laptop, just to confirm, are you working with the embedded display of the laptop and an external monitor or two external monitors?

Which video port are you using to connect the external display?

Are you using adapters or converters?

What is the application that you have where it shows the YCbCr option instead of Digital Vibrance?

You said the problem only happens on the secondary screen, could you please provide the steps that you follow to activate the Digital Vibrance on the embedded monitor?

Which Windows version are you working with?

Was that feature working fine before on the secondary monitor?

What is the model of the monitor?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CAbre1
Beginner

Hi!

In order to reply all your questions i'll copy paste answering each one of them

-You mentioned you have a secondary screen connected to the laptop, just to confirm, are you working with the embedded display of the laptop and an external monitor or two external monitors?

Actually I'm using my external screen as the primary one ( Multiple displays - Single Display - external monitor ( in this case Acer X223HQ but i have tryed with more screens )

-Which video port are you using to connect the external display?

As i said in the upper question i have tryed different screens with differents options,actually I'm using a VGA connector but i have tryed DVI and also HDMI

-Are you using adapters or converters?

This is the first time I'm using a converter that is HDMI-VGA ( i have used HDMI-HDMI and HDMI-DVI and still had the same issue )

-What is the application that you have where it shows the YCbCr option instead of Digital Vibrance?

Intel HD Graphics driver version 20.19.15.5107

-You said the problem only happens on the secondary screen, could you please provide the steps that you follow to activate the Digital Vibrance on the embedded monitor?

So..this is the deal,if I use Extended desktop or Clone Dispays option provided by Intel HD graphic panel control Digital Vibrance would only work on Laptop screen but not in the external one.Right now I'm using only Single display ( external one ) and the option that appears on Color settings is Ycbcr.

-Which Windows version are you working with?

Right now I'm using 1809 but this same issue happens to me with 1603/1709/1809/1909

Was that feature working fine before on the secondary monitor?

It works on the main screen ( laptop screen ) but not in the external,always been like this.

What is the model of the monitor?

In this case I'm using a Acer X223HQ but i have tryed with samsung C24F390FHU also and had the same issue.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

CAbre1, Thank you very much for providing those details.

I was checking additional information about the specifications of the laptop and I can see that it actually uses a discrete/external card, NVIDIA® GTX-860M 4G and possible Hybrid Graphics since you can also use the Intel® control panel:

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/

The color vibrance option might be showing up in the Intel® Control panel as Color/Saturation, actually, it seems to be that the feature belongs to Nvidia and since it is a 3rd party feature not from Intel® it could be the reason why it is not showing in the Intel® Graphics panel.

Could you please provide a screenshot of how are you enabling that option in the embedded monitor of the laptop?

Please provide SSU report:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

And the Graphics report:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html

To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower left corner.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
CAbre1
Beginner
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

CAbre1, Thank you very much for sharing that information.

Based on the pictures, we can confirm that in fact, the laptop is using both graphics controllers, they could be switchable or hybrid and the thing is that it is hard to tell which of them is the one supporting the external monitor, that is why we need the SSU report and the graphics report.

Just to make sure, when you enabled the Digital Vibrance feature, are you doing that in the Nvidia control panel, could you please share a picture of that?

In the picture of the Intel® Graphics control panel that you gave us, on the lower-right corner you will see that it says "Save", please select that option to save the report and then attach it to the thread along with the SSU report.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
CAbre1
Beginner

Oh i get it now... So the Digital Vibrance feature that i use is the one from Intel graphics control since Nvidia dsnt give me that option.

( Nvidia dsnt give me any option to change color ( i have tryed laptop and Desktop drivers ( no-one of them gave it to me ) )

3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

CAbre1, Thank you very much once again for providing the pictures and the Intel® Graphis Report.

In reference to your comments, the "Digital Vibrance" feature actually belongs to Nividia, however, there is a feature that might be related or it might have a similar function as "Digital Vibrance" in the Intel® Control Panel called "Saturation" as you can see in the picture you posted previously.

Based on the Intel® Graphics report, I can see that the build-in display is supported by the Intel® Graphics controller and the External Display connected to the laptop through HDMI shows up as "Inactive" that could be also the reason why the option for "Digital Vibrance" is not available.

I was trying to replicate the issue in our Intel® lab, that is why we need a picture of where you see the option for "Digital Vibrance" and the SSU report to confirm if the laptop is working with Hybrid or Switchable Graphics controller:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
CAbre1
Beginner

Oh I'm really sorry it has been my mistake,when i said Digital Vibrance i meant Saturation ( Digital vibrance was never shown it was my error )

File's been attached

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

CAbre1, Thank you very much for providing the SSU report.

Based on the information showing the links below, it states that the monitor that you are using supports VGA and DVI graphics interfaces, it does not support HDMI and it is a TN (Twisted Nematic) display, so basically the monitor does not have the option to support "Saturation"

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/professional-series/monitor-essential

https://icecat.biz/en/p/acer/et.wx3he.a01/computer+monitors-x223hq-3467130.html

In this case, we recommend to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the monitor to verify if it actually supports the feature of "Saturation:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

To confirm the information above, even though you mentioned you tested a different monitor, do you have the option to test an HDMI monitor/TV?

Regards,

Alberto R.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
CAbre1
Beginner

Well,i have tryed with others monitors and i was never allowed,even with newer monitors with HDMI support.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

CAbre1, Thank you very much for providing those results.

In this case, then, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the laptop to report this scenario and to confirm if it is possible for the external monitor to support the feature of "Saturation". Lenovo has the option to create heavily modifications and customizations on the laptop, they can enable/disable and restrict features and functions on their products like for example the "Saturation" feature, that in some cases is only available for the built-in monitor of the laptop:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello CAbre1, I just wanted to check if you were able to contact Lenovo for further technical support and if you need additional assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello CAbre1, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos