Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20686 Discussions

Display adapter still defaulting to MS basic

ScottyP
Novice

I have just performed clean install of WIN10.

I used Intel Driver and Support Assistant to update BIOS and drivers to NUC8i7HVK4.

Display driver HD GRaphics 630 10.20.7.15 is installed with no errors.

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is still driving display.

How do I bring the Intel adapter online?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The Intel adaptor *is* online. It is the AMD RX Vega graphics engine that has the MS Basic Display Adapter driver assigned to it. You need to install a driver package for this engine.

In the design of this NUC, the AMD RX Vega graphics engine owns and controls all (six) possible display outputs. The Intel HD Graphics engine is not involved in display activities at all. It is there only to support other operations (transcoding, DRM, etc.).

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The Intel adaptor *is* online. It is the AMD RX Vega graphics engine that has the MS Basic Display Adapter driver assigned to it. You need to install a driver package for this engine.

In the design of this NUC, the AMD RX Vega graphics engine owns and controls all (six) possible display outputs. The Intel HD Graphics engine is not involved in display activities at all. It is there only to support other operations (transcoding, DRM, etc.).

...S

0 Kudos