Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21068 Discussions

Display driver crash

MLidg
Beginner

Hello!

A few days ago my computer started crashing while playing games. The screen would go blank och shift in different colors and eventually shut off completely or recover. Upon recovery I would receive the error message:

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 7(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

My computer is an ASUS N55SF with an Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @2.00GHz and a Geforce GT 555M gpu.

The drivers for both the cpu (15.28.23.64.4101) and the gpu (350.12) are according to their own updating programs up to date.

I have tried looking for ASUS drivers on their website but nothing I can find is dated later than 2012 and I have hesitated to try that.

Lately (during my installs of different drivers) when I test any game the screen barely manages a minute or two and more often than recovering simply shuts off. My control over the PC is not affected in any other way and when i restart the screen starts as normal.

Does anyone have and ideas or tips as to what I can do?

I have seen people with similar problems post their Dxdiag report, so I figured i should attach mine as well.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello M_ax,

It is important to say that OEM or the Computer Manufacturer drivers include special features or limitations that will work specifically for your computer. This is why installing the driver from the Computer Manufacture is the first step to take.

You can try installing our generic driver but it does not include the special features from the OEM design so you may see strange behavior or special features from your computer may not be activated. Here you can download the driver from our side:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24696/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24696/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit

Kevin M